Its been oh so long since I have posted here! I have posted more recently on my OT blog because I am now in the field full-time for my level 2 fieldwork. I have been at a health and rehab center (aka nursing home) since the middle of May and am absolutely loving it. I never thought I would love the facility, the other therapist and the patients as much as I do! I only have three more weeks left which is just crazy! It is going by so quickly and I'm realizing how much I will miss everyone when I leave!! I am definitely going to apply for a job with the company after I graduate in December. They have facilities all over Virginia and in North Caroline. As of now I am thinking that I will work in Roanoke and live at home until I pass my Board exam and then I hope to move to Charlotte, NC. I am not sure if I will work full time or do PRN (where you work whenever a facility needs an extra therapist). PRN Therapist make good money; my supervisor said PRN's in the company that I am at now make $45/hr but there are no benefits. I am thinking this would be smart to do at least until I pass my boards so I can have time to study and work at the same time. This also is good because I can stay on my parent's insurance for another year, so I wouldn't need the benefits of a full time position.
I am really trying not to stress out about it now, because the GREAT thing about Occupational Therapy (or any healthcare profession really) is that I can get a job in any city/state I want to go to.
Anyways, after I finish up at this placement, I am moving to Newport News, VA (by Va Beach) for another level 2 fieldwork and will be there for 3 months. While I am really looking forward to going someplace new, I am a little nervous about the placement. It will be totally different than where I am now- and since I just love this so much, it makes me nervous about how I will enjoy being there. I am hopeful that I will love it and I KNOW it will be a great learning experience. As of now I am not sure whether I will be placed on the TBI or the SCI unit, but I would love either.
Anyways, enough about fieldwork!!
This summer it seems like all of my weekends are taken up with wedding and/or baby shower things. I have been to 2 wedding showers, and a bachelorette party weekend in Charlotte. This coming weekend I have a baby shower and a lingerie party to attend. The next weekend I have a bridal luncheon and was invited to another bachelorette party in DC, then the following weekend is one of my best friends wedding weekend, and then two weeks after that I have a wedding in North Carolina....it gets exhausting for real.
Anyways...we'll see if I can get back into blogging. je ne sais pas.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How can one afford all of these baby/bachelorette/bridal showers?! Whew! You have too many friends ;)
missed you!
شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف شقق بالجبيل
شركة المثالية لتنظيف المنازل بالهفوف
شركة المثالية لتنظيف الشقق بالهفوف
شركة المثالية لتنظيف المجالس بالهفوف
شركة المثالية لتنظيف الكنب بالهفوف
Post a Comment