I'm just ending my week long Thanksgiving "break"...that was not so much a break! The days went by slow, but the week went by SO fast!!!!
I could not even tell you what I did to waste so much time this past week, but I definitely did NOT get as much of my homework done as I planned...so yeah these next 3 weeks are going to be completely brutal!
On Thanksgiving, my family and I did the Drumstick Dash 5k in Downtown Roanoke...along with just about everyone who lives in Roanoke- it was crazyyy!!! there were SO many people there! Jenn and I walked with Jason and the two pups...Princess and Duke were the best dogs there- they didn't bark one time and did so good walking with us...
after that we came home and relaxed until lunch was ready..then we ate...and then played rummy for too long- I won :)
That evening Jenn and I went over to our friend Lynsey's house to catch up since we hadn't seen her in a while (she lives in DC now but her parents live in Roanoke still..
On Friday I got talked into going Black Friday Shopping...I woke up at 5:00, got ready and then Lyns and I headed to the mall... I got some new Sperry's for 50% off, and a few tops that I can wear with my brown, grey and black pants to fieldwork...it was pretty successful and I was surprised how un-crowded it was but I guess most of the people had already come and gone since some stores (crazy) opened at midnight Thursday... The rest of the day I just did some work, piddled around, and then last night I went to my highschool's football game bc they were playing for the regional championship- they lost, and then headed downtown with Lyns, Erica, Jason, Brooke, Derick, and Katie....and then saw like a 100 people from my highschool.. it was like a big reunion...always is but some of the girls I hadn't seen in so long so it was actually really good to see them!
Here's some pics from the evening:
| someone put gum on erica...rude |
![]() |
| me, lyns and erica |
![]() |
| me and brooke :) |
![]() |
| class of '06! |
![]() |
| scott and andy :) |
This morning I was sooo exhausted- from being up since 5am friday and not getting to sleep until around 2am last night =\ but I had to get up, pack up and then hit the road! Jenn and I drove to Radford this am to drop off my stuff before Jason and Karen picked us up and we headed to our family get-together about an hour away from here...there were lots of people there today! We had lots of yummy food, looked through some old pics and watched the JMU football game :) After that I got dropped off at Radford and the rest of the fam headed back to Roanoke...
I had high hopes of getting some homework done this evening....clearly, since I'm blogging, its not getting done. Tomorrow morning I plan on getting up early and getting to work, all day! esp since I'll be here alone all day and I think waking up in the mindset will be good....i hope.
How was your thanksgiving??
oh and I think I am going to be doing a couple of Christmas give-a-ways soon...since my family isn't doing gifts this year- I think I will get some gifts for ya'll :)
Oh and my friend showed me this video the other day, if you want a good laugh check it out...SO funny!!





1 comment:
It sounds like you had a great break! I went out in Roanoke last year around Thanksgiving and I remember it was the happenin' place to be!
Post a Comment