Thursday, November 17, 2011

JMU never ceases to amaze me

My alma mater has had a rough month or so. five students and a faculty member have passed away since the beginning of September...with the most recent one being two nights ago when a girl was hit and killed by a bus on campus =\ so sad!!!
this is one reason why I LOVE JMU- I doubt that any other campus/university feels more like a family that JMU.... this was the scene of the accident soon after the word got out (stolen from a friend's fb)
hundreds of students showed up in the late hours of the night to make this memorial and mourn the passing of this student...who i bet many of them didn't even know personally


and then not too long after, this purple jmu logo was EVERY where on facebook, and wednesday was declared a 'purple out' day for the fallen dukes... I even saw quite a few people supporting JMU here on Radford's campus.



One of the students put this video together- it's him playing the piano version of 'If I Die Young' with our school's fight song in the middle of it....it brought tears to my eyes when I heard it last night so I just had to share with ya'll...even if you don't bleed purple, the music is still so pretty!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww my heart goes out to JMU. As a former Hokie I know the heartbreak of loosing students and faculty, and the amazing support that ensues. Go Dukes!

Lindsey S said...

What a beautiful video! My sister and bro-in-law went to JMU and I was SO close to going! What sad events recently :-(

Megan said...

Oh wow, how sad that so many people have lost their lives recently!! That video is amazing! What a beautiful tribute for them!!