Sunday, September 4, 2011

a babysitting first...

yesterday afternoon, I got asked to babysit in Blacksburg for the last part of the VT game and then until the parents got home. I went to pick up the kids (supposed to be 4) from the tailgate and take them back to C's (the mom of 2 of the kids who I have babysat for before) house..well I get there and there's 5 kids piled into my car- I tell C that I dont have enough seatbelts for all of them and she tells me to put her two kids in the same seat belt..okay whatever, I did that and left.

Who knows why but their first conversation in my car was about Jesus and how was he God's son if God was never on Earth...C's daughter said that Jesus is a form of God, one of the three like the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit... made my heart smile to hear them talking about that! :) but then they moved on to their latest crush, that Justin Bieber is SO HOT!!! haha One girl asked me if I had a boyfriend, I said no, she asked when i was getting one (like i'll just go to the store and pick one out! ha ha) I told her I didn't know, and asked her the same questions- she said she is getting a boyfriend on Tuesday, he's going to ask her out then haha ooh I do not miss those pre-teen days!

Anyways, I get about 5 min from the house and she calls me and says there is another little girl who really wanted to come back with the other kids and she's crying so could I drop off those 5 and come back and get this other girl. I dropped off the 4 oldest and took the younger boy back with me to get the other girl. Finally got back to the house and it starts thunder storming and the 4 girls apparently got scared and locked the doors so we had to bang on the door and ended up having to call one of them to come let us in. About 20-30 min later C and two of the other girls dad A come back and say they are going to be down the street for a couple of hours..I say okay.. I could already tell they had been drinking all day. So I fixed all the kids dinner and we played spoons and they watching some things on Netflix...oh and two other girls just showed up at the house..so yeah that's a total of EIGHT kids under my supervision. Luckily they were all pretty well-behaved.
anyways, about 8:00 C comes in the house and is clearly drunk, (yes, she DROVE about a half a mile back home from the house they were partying at.... said they had been playing drinking games and that A was in her car wasted and asked if I could drive him and his two daughters home...I mean what was I going to say? so I said yes..I get his two daughters in the back of my car and go to get their dad- they get out of the car and pretty much right when they walk around C's car he starts puking right in front of them. The older one starts crying hysterically, she was SO frightened by him- he was very out of it and I would have been scared too! He did tell her not to tell her mother (they are divorced and it was his weekend with them) and she called him out about not spending any time with them all day! the younger one really didn't understand which was probably for the best. He kept coming up to the older one trying to hug her and she kept screaming louder the closer he got for him to stay away from her..it was so sad!!!!!! (at this point the other children have gone home- thankfully) so I drive the oldest daughter back because she does not want to see her dad anymore and they planned for the youngest girl and the dad to just stay at the house...but when I get to their house their aunt/uncle are there and decide to follow me back to C's house and just bring the Dad and other daughter home.
It was just ridiculous.. as the oldest daughter is crying, C's daughter tells her that that's how she feels with she comes home like that. It just broke my heart, seeing those girls scared of their dad, seeing their dad being so irresponsible. No kid should EVER have to see their parent like that, and no parent should put their child in that position, the children deserve better than that and the parents need to get their priorities in check.

I had to meet up with the dad today so that he could pay me for watching his girls..he said "rough night, we'll just leave it at that" I told him Im just glad that everyone was safe...and he thanked me for being there and helping them out and that I've seen him at his worst, it can only go up from there.. uh yeah I don't really plan on seeing him ever again.


so yeah, that was my fun-filled Saturday night.

2 comments:

Ashton said...

Bless you sweet girl! It sounds like your own version of the Nanny Diaries. Some parents have no concept of the example they are setting or the impact it will have on their children.

I am sure you handled yourself wonderfully.

Kristin said...

wozers