yep, we had an earth quake today over in VA and it was felt all along the east coast! crazy! Jenn and I were sitting on the couch and all the sudden the couch started shaking, for like 20-30sec I'd say..it was weird. we had no idea that it was an earthquake though!
just for my own personal record...an exert from our local news (wdbj7)
A 5.8 magnitude earthquake centered northwest of Richmond shook much of Washington, D.C., and was felt as far north as Rhode Island and New York City.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the earthquake was 3.7 miles deep. Shaking was felt at the White House and all over the East Coast, as far south as Chapel Hill, N.C. Parts of the Pentagon, White House and Capitol were evacuated. The quake was in Mineral, Va., inLouisa County. Virginia officials say no major problems across the state. Louisa County has declared a local emergency.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We felt it in Philadelphia too! So weird!
That would be scary!!
That is just crazy!
I was working in downtown Richmond, about 40 miles away from the epicenter. It was for real scary, especially evacuating and having to go down 20 flights of stairs!
I felt the earthquake, too!! I was on the third story of a building and my table started shaking like crazy.. it was a little scary!
When I heard that it was in VA I thought about you and Jenn. It's crazy that before yesterday you had never experienced an earthquake. We've had two here within 24 hours! Glad you're ok! :)
Post a Comment