Fieldwork is still going pretty well. Yesterday was an interesting day..I went to the adult morning report (where we meet to discuss how the patients did for the past 12 hours) and it is held on a conference room on the adult men's floor..welll during it one patient became very agitated and started pounding on the door, pulling on the door knob, yelling, screaming, demanding to see one of the doctor's who was also in the room. We were all inside the room trying to be quiet so we wouldn't upset him anymore...it was just scary for me to witness that! One of the ladies in the room called a "code white" which is a behavioral problem and security came up and they put him in 4 point restraints! eek. it was the first time I had been around when someone went all crazy like that. It made me realize that I have probably become a little too comfortable around some of the patients and need to put my guard back up. I also had a couple nightmares about this incident last night and woke up at 3am from it..not fun.
Also, yesterday one of the patients got discharged to the rescue mission in downtown Roanoke..they didn't even tell him he was leaving until they came to get him because they thought he would act out and sabotage being able to leave.THAT makes me nervous because even people at Catawba (with all their experience/training) didn't know how to handle his behaviors-so how is it safe to be around the public?? I am going to warn my mom about him bc she works downtown and walks around during her lunch breaks.
Class is still going good. this week we made beaded bracelets and ornaments and hemp bracelets/keychains...tough stuff right? I need to post more class pics...but my internet isn't working at my apt for the past couple days sooo hopefully next week?
Work..eh it's boring. I'm here now until 1 today and then I'm heading home..Jenn and I are going to get our nails done for Jason's wedding this weekend, and we also need to find jewelry- I got earrings already but I want to get a bracelet to go with it also.. not sure about a necklace...? Then tonight is the rehearsal/dinner. After that I am planning on heading downtown to see a band play and I think a couple of the girls from Catawba are gonna meet me down there- should be a fun time (:
This is what else I've got coming up this weekend...should be a great weekend and I'm SO excited that my brother is getting married!!! :)
alllright well i'm off to get some homework done because I certainly won't be doing any of it this weekend!!
hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment