Tuesday, June 28, 2011

recipe

really, it's been over a week since I last blogged? hmmm..not cool.
however I'm not feelin a real post right now haha but  I did want to pass along this YUMMY recipe...it's so easy and delicious!

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 medium  yellow onion, chopped
1 env. GOOD SEASONS Italian Dressing Mix
1 medium  zucchini, thinly sliced
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg.  (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed
1 cup water
1-1/4 cups  instant brown rice, uncooked
1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
 
BROWN meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in dressing mix. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add zucchini, tomatoes and corn; mix lightly. Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
STIR in water. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Stir in rice; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
SPRINKLE with cheese; cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. 


I have made it a couple of times and just finished making it actually, its perfect to make and then keep in the refigerator and reheat- which is what I will be doing for lunch and dinner tomorrow and prob thursday. 
I haven't made it with the rice yet- i just like it without but i'm sure the rice would be tasty too!

let me know if you try it and like it. 
 
 
 
OH and go check out Jenn's post for a recap of our weekend in DC for Katie's bachelorette party!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

This looks SO good.. and really colorful! Perfect for summer!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

WOW!! That looks so good, and healthy! Sharing it with my husband :)

Lindsay said...

Sounds yummy, I'm adding this to my saved recipes :)