Sunday, July 10, 2011

another friend's engaged! + weekend

ahhh I'm SURROUNDED by wedding things!
as you know, last week was my brothers wedding...

and next weekend- one of my best friend's is tying the knot
love this engagement pic of them !
AND  my roomate/best friend just got engaged last Friday!
I'm soo very happy for her and Derick- they have been together FORever and we knew they would be getting engaged soon...

Here's the happy couple:
(stole this from her fb)
annnnd her ring-

Luckily she is going to give us all a little break before her wedding planning starts..
they are planning on getting married in August of 2012.
 
 
**
 
This weekend was pretty great! I had to work Friday morning but then headed home...we had Katie's 2nd Bachelorette party in Roanoke. We had dinner/drinks and a lingerie party at a mexican restaurant (btw the food was gross!). and then went to bdubs for drinks. We were supposed to go downtown but no one was really feeling it plus one of girls isn't 21, one is pregnant and one doesn't drink sooo Jenn, Brooke, Katie and I came to Jason and Karen's house (bro/SIL- jenn is housesitting while they are honeymooning) got some wine and went in the hottub for a while.. it was a pretty great night! 
Saturday Jenn, Brooke and I headed to J&K's neighborhood pool...and I am now a lobster and it hurts SO bad! I can't wear jeans at the moment- thank goodness for dresses! 
Today, Jenn, Dad and I went to church- it was HILarious. At the end of the sermon (it was about trusting God in the recession) he went on about how he wished he could preach like a Black Baptist preacher...and how he wished we talked back like a black baptist congregation...he tried to get us by reading a message by a pastor who's name I can't remember and having us clap and yell..it was soo funny! 
then we had lunch with the fam...went to a few places and I worked on a big class project ... now Jenn and I are just hanging out at J&K's for the night...


allllright well hope everyone had a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So many people in my town are getting engaged/married too!

Caitlin C. said...

What a beautiful ring! They're a cute couple. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! :)