oh, thanks for asking :)
First things first though, thank you to everyone for the comments on my "i'm going crazy" post..for making me feel not so crazy! I have only slept in my apt once since then and it was an okay night, I left my bedroom door open and kept the hall light one. Actually getting into bed was the hard part, I've found myself to be a pacer, going from the front window to the back window, just keeping an eye on things...but once I got in bed and fell asleep- to the sound of the TV I slept good until about 4:30 when I woke up for some reason and ended up staying away until 6 when it was getting light outside and I head the birds singing, and then I was able to get a couple more hours of sleep before getting up for class. Progress I guess, I wasn't scared out of my mind haha.
Anywho,
Class was pretty fun on Wednesday! For our paper craft we made bee bouquets:
| those eyes and fuzzy balls would not stay on the face! so mine has crazy eyes |
| my class's bees! I love the blue one on the right- it was a lightning bug haha |
Then for our main craft we made bird feeders! Luckily our professor cut most of the wood pieces for us so we only had to saw two pieces of wood!
| what we started with |
| lauren sanding away! |
| Kate cutting the wood |
| with my birdfeeder- almost done just needs a roof! |
| the final product- just needs to be painted! |
After how long it took me to put that together, I'm not sure I want any birds up in it!!
I had a pretty good week at fieldwork- Kate and I went on an outing with 6 of the patients to a local Adult Group Home where they weeded the flower bed. That group home made the hospital we are at look like a resort! I can see now why people may not want to leave.
Speaking of leaving, my favorite old lady got discharged yesterday =\ She was so sweet and I told her I was gonna steal her and take her home with me! She said that'd be alright with her! I'm going to miss having her there but like she said "there's no place like home!" ain't that the truth!
Nothing too exciting happened though, quite a few patients are being discharged recently so I'm interested to see the new ones who will be coming in.
Last night Mom and I drove down to Claudville (very small town in Southern VA) to go to my cousin's bridal shower- she just got engaged in May and is getting married in August so they are moving quickly! It was a nice shower and it was held at my grandparents church..I saw their pics hanging on the wall in a collage, and their graves outside.. and it made me really miss them. I also loved seeing all the old ladies who were my grandma's friends..they are so sweet! After we left the shower we drove down the street passed my grandparents house- which is still vacant after two years- and the tears just filled my eyes. I miss them so much- esp when they would be just so excited for my cousin and brother to be getting married - I hate that they are missing it and that they will not be there for my wedding or to meet any of their great grandchildren... but that's life right? They'll meet someday, of that I'm sure- especially after reading "Heaven Is For Real"
anyways...This morning I had to get up ENtirely too early to drive the 45 min to Radford for work at 8. I was seriously regretting saying that I could work...in the four hours I was there, I helped ONE person- it was ridiculous. But I got to watch some of the Casey Anthony trial and I started reading
It is SUCH a big book but I think I will really enjoy reading it,
plus there is a whole section of pictures and I just loove looking at cute old GWB! :)
When I got off work I headed back to Roanoke because I was supposed to play tennis with a boy BUT I got there at 1:30- when we said we'd meet and he was no where to be found.. I texted/called but no answer so I just left...knowing he would text me later with an excuse. erg. he texted me at like 5p and said "Monday? Sorry Bad decisions last night. I didn't mean to stand you up" I mean really. He chose for us to play on Satuday and said that 1:30 was good, I really just don't understand and it pissed me off.. He could have at least told me he wasn't coming before I got there and waited for him only to be stood up. I mean I felt like such an idiot. ugh. So annnoying, clearly he doesn't care...so why should I?
gah I'm tired of meeting JERKS...whereeee did all the good guys go??
speaking of meeting someone, can't get enough of this song..i think you may like. Boyce Avenue is AMAZING and you should totally get their CD on itunes- its so good.
This song is written for the woman he will someday marry but hasn't met yet and i love it!!
I like to think the guy I will marry is thinking these things too.
is it not so cute?
**
This afternoon Jenn and I went to get dad's Father's Day gifts and of course I saw this and had to get it for myself I'm a sucker for a cute coffee mug and how precious is this:
little owl! precious.
Alrighty so that's what I've been up too..I'm kindof behind on reading ya'lls blogs but I willll catch up.
toodles.



4 comments:
Oooh! Those bee bouquets are too CUTE! :)
My husband is reading Decision Points right now. It's taking him forever...and I am dying to read it!
That looks like such a fun class :) p.s. love the owl cup!
Oh my gosh, your class looks like so much fun! I'm loving those bee bouquets!
I'm reading Decision Points right now! I love it!
Post a Comment