seriously, living alone is NOT for me. (and after reading this you will probably think I'm such a wimp..)
I hate nights at the apartment alone...I like to be VERY aware of whats going on so I find myself looking out my bedroom window at least a few times before finally getting into bed for the night. I don't like to turn my fan on because it is so loud and I can't hear outside..and I hear every little noise in my apartment.
Last night was seriously the worst though..
first of all, at like 11:00 I was getting ready for bed and heard a really loud car in the parking lot- one that I'd not ever heard before so I looked out and saw the car backing out of a spot and pull out of the parking lot..so I got in bed and slept pretty good until 4:30a.m when the car pulled back into the parking lot and woke me up! I thought that was SO odd..and then I thought I heard my front door open- i head a creaking noise and what I thought to be the door sliding open..so I started freaking out, sweating bullets and was so scared..i dont think my eyes have ever been that wide open!
haha I laid there in complete silence clutching my cellphone for a few minutes and then tip toed to my bedroom window to see the guy had backed his car right up to the apartment building right in front/beside my apt and the trunk is open and a guy is loading boxes into his car..at FOUR THIRTY in the morning.. it was just so weird. at that point my nerves were pretty shot but i finally got the courage to go downstairs- turning on every light on the way and obviously my door was still locked and I was the only one there. It took me forever to fall back to sleep and when I woke up I felt like crap from being so scared/nervous..! I honestly don't know that I've ever been scared like that before, it was just so frightening to even think that someone could have broken in..and its not even like it would take that much there's just one simple lock that I could probably pick!
so yeah, I'm making myself crazy... they may just keep me at the mental hospital tomorrow.. ha ha ha
Do you live alone? if so, do you ever get scared?? any advice besides NOT looking out the window? I usually sleep with my TV on with the volume very low but last night I didnt..and it kind of creeps me out that people can see the glow of the TV in my bedroom window from the road/parking lot...
andd just because this is too cute:
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
I totally understand. I lived by myself all last year. One noise, and I just KNEW someone was there to get me. Haha. And I actually prefer to have noise. To me, I would rather just think that everything is fine and try not to hear the little sounds. This is a fear you DON'T have to deal with daily. Lift it up to the Lord, girl!
I don't live alone but the hubbs works nights some (like this week) and I hear everything!
It is me & our baby so I'm really alert.
I don't know if you have a pet but that helped me some. We have a dog and cat - he is the worst guard dog ever as in a small and in a kennel @ night but he's here haha. Keeping the tv (or music) on helped some too.
Oh how scary - I don't live alone, but i used to while I was in college and I would sleep with the TV on to distract me from my fears. Sometimes, when Tim is at work, I do the same thing! You poor thing, that would be so scary hearing that car, I would freak out, too!
I can definitely relate to how you feel! I live alone, and every little noise I hear really scares me some nights. I always fall asleep to my tv on just to drowned out the noise that would keep me awake. I also have a door jammer. I don't know if you have heard of them, but I will post the link of one that is similar to mine. It goes under the door knob and I use it every night. This isn't the exact one I have but very similar...http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM209118514P They are definitely not inexpensive, but for my safety and knowing that nobody can bust through the door, it is definitely worth it. I know several girls that swear by it and now I do too, I do not sleep a night without it!! Hope this helps :)
I got scared like that a lot when I lived alone. Even now that I live with my boyfriend, if we hear a weird noise, he grabs his gun and investigates, lol! I don't think it's overkill- it's being SAFE! Don't feel bad for being aware of your surroundings!
My husband works nights sometimes and I get pretty scared, especially when I watch Lifetime or Criminal Minds. Haha! I just lock my bedroom door and set the alarm for the house!
OMG i'm the exact same! But in the fact that I have to have my fan on that way I dont hear anything. I actually sleep alot better! And before I go to bed I have to like triple check all my locks haha BUT I just turn my bathroom light on and crack the door. Then again im on the third floor of my apartment complex so its not to bad AND I have 3 roomates! But gosh I could only imagine :/
Ah! I would be terrified as well!! I totally freak myself out when hubs isn't home. We got a hand gun a few months ago and even though I could never actually use it on someone, it does make me feel better. I'd look scary to an intruder and that's what matters :)
I am the exact. same. way. when I'm alone!! That's the main reason why I can't watch scary movies if I'm sleeping alone!! And when I lived alone it was, of course, even worse. Every little noise would perk my ears up, and for the longest time I'd get horrible sleep, finally had to start having my bf sleep over more often...until I could find a roomie anyway. So, I definitely feel you and don't think you're crazy at all! :)
I am the same way, I HATE being alone for the night!!
Post a Comment