Hello Hello. Happy Sunday :)
can't believe I've been back at school for a week now!
Friday Evening I got asked to "babysit" two 11 year old girls and a 6 year old boy in blacksburg. I had never met them before which makes it a little weird but the mom was so nice!
I got to their house around 5:45 and then the girls and I left to go pick up the little boy from baseball practice. On the way, the mom calls and said she got the times wrong, and that instead of practice ending at 6:30, it ended at 7:30 so I ended up taking the girls to the mall to kill some time. On the way I asked them what station they wanted to listen to..they said K92!!! and to crank it up. They were singing EVERY song..and I felt a littttle ..hm. i dunnoo..weird..when they started singing every word to S&M by Rihanna. I'm not kidding... if you haven't heard this song- just look up the lyrics and see if you think an 11 year old should be singing it..cause I don't!
anways, the mall was pretty funny- they LOVE Clair's and "bed bath and body works" aka bath and body works. We looked around for a while and then it was time to go pick up the boy from practice. he was SO cute, and the dad (parents are divorced) was there watching his practice so I got to meet him (pretty attractive haha) Once practice was over I loaded up the three kids and a laundry basket full of stuff from their dad and headed back to the house, and about 10 min later their dad shows up because he accidentally put his wallet and phone in the laundry basket that he loaded in my trunk..oops.
The rest of the night was pretty fun, they wanted to put their bathing suits on and squirt each other with water guns...in the house. Yeah, had to say no to that. But they had lots of tickle wars (in which they ended up on the living room floor and then the dog would come over and start humping them- although i'm not sure they knew what she was doing...i got a good laugh from it though haha) and the girls both are VERY into making and selling jewelry- and they are good at it too so they showed me some of that.
ah I just love babysitting- I hope they ask me to do it again!
*
Yesterday I headed to the mall and picked up some new shirts! and finalllly got my Dansko clogs!
these are the ones I got:
love them and can't wait to wear then to fieldwork this week.
this is one shirt I got yesterday:
I couldn't pass up on this top- it will be perfect to wear out this summer- love the teal silver and purple! then I got one other shirt that is similar colors, but short sleeve and will look good with my grey ON pants that I mentioned the other week (speaking of those pants- i ordered the black and the khaki pairs yesterday!)
*
This morning I slept until ELEVEN...that's so late for me.. oops but I really didn't have anything to get up for I guess. I made myself get dressed and go for a run- it was a little rough today- it's so hot and i'm def not used to running in 80+ weather yet.
alrighty, well I'm off to do a little cleaning and reading :) perfect Sunday activities.
Have a great day everyone !


3 comments:
No one should be listening to that Rihanna song! Goodness, what has music come to these days?
That shirt is so cute! I love shirts that have bling!
That shirt is so cute! :)
Post a Comment