Happy Saturday everyone (:
Last night Jenn, Amanda and I headed to C'burg to see Water For Elephants- it was soooo good!! I read the book back at the beginning of the semester so I couldn't wait for the movie to come out! I definitely recommend it!
Since I was going to be home alone today I decided I would get up early and head to the stadium here at Radford to volunteer with the Special Olympics track and field meet! I got there and was feeling pretty lost- since I just signed up as an individual and not as part of a group. The workers were really nice and I got to be a buddy with one of the participants and make sure he got to his events on time. I was paired up with a group from Mount Rodgers IDC which was really weird because a couple months ago my class went and visited/took a tour of the IDC and I recognized a lot of the participants from when we went!
My buddy did the softball throw and the 50m dash!
| My buddy and I |
| 3rd Place in the softball toss!! |
| ready to run the 50m dash |
| waiting to get his award |
| 1st Place in the 50m dash!! |
I had a lot of fun, and got a LOT of sun on my thighs/face/neck/arms. A couple of the RU bball players were also paired up with the Mt. Rodgers crew and they kept egging this guy on to ask me out (one of the SO participants) and trying to get him to dance for me... it was pretty funny but was a leeetle awkward. I hate turning people down but I tried to be nice and just kinda ignore the question/change the subject!
now I'm just waiting for Jenn to get back from the game and we're gonna head to the mall and TRY to find something for Easter! The dress I ordered and hoped to wear won't be here until Monday =\ sooo gotta find something today! ooh and thanks to Amy (if you haven't read her blog before- check it out!!) I might have found some cheap nude pumps for that pink dress- if Target has them in my size!
hope ya'll have a great day!

5 comments:
I want to see WFE so bad!! Just found your blog. How great! I am a new follower.
How fun! I hope you had good luck finding a dress! :)
I loved Water for Elephants!! Goodness Robert is so fiiiine!
Deeeeef seeing that movie ASAP!! Oh my gosh does R-Patz look so scrumptious in those pictures!!
That's so nice that you volunteered with Special Olympics, you have such a big heart!!
Hope you're able to find those shoes out there, and in your size!! Thanks for the shout out! :)
I want to see the book and read the book. What a selfless way to spend your Saturday! You are so giving and thoughtful!
Post a Comment