Friday, January 21, 2011

30 day challenge - Day 5

{A Time You Thought About Ending Your Own Life}


I can honestly say that I have NEVER thought about ending my own life.
Sure there have been a couple of times when I have felt pretty down, and may not have seen the light at the end of the tunnel- but I can kind of relate this to the previous post- I have hope and trust in God that things will get better- I think of these lyrics- and basically the whole song!

"I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain"
-Bring the Rain by Mercy Me

It makes my heart so incredibly sad when I hear of people who not only think about it, but go through with it.
I can't imagine feeling that hopeless, feeling like their life isn't worth living anymore.

When I did my observation hours with an Occupational Therapist a couple summers ago at a inpatient rehab center there was a 20 something girl there who had shot herself in the head in an attempt to take her own life. I was SO sad when I heard her story- she had children and this wasn't the first time she had tried to commit suicide. I just go so sad for her, thinking about how she must have been feeling =\  

It's just awful and makes me really sad.

& that's pretty much all I have to say about that topic.

2 comments:

Megan said...

oh gosh the story of the girl is so tragic!! How awful...poor thing..and her poor children..

Loved the song you put in there.

Leslie said...

That's terrible about that 20 something girl!
It's hard to understand how people can feel like that is their only option.
p.s. I love Mercy Me!