{Your Views on Religion}
First of all, I'm a Christian, have been all of my life.. and I'm not exactly familiar with the specifics any other religious groups.
I feel like religious beliefs are pretty personal - Each individual person has to make the decision to become a Christian when/if they are ready. I do not believe in shoving my point of view down any one's throat and I think that is such a turn off when other try to do that to me. I remember I was on a mission trip in New York and a bunch of us were sitting at a fountain just hanging out and a couple came up trying to give us bibles and tell us all about Christianity and I just don't think that is the best way to reach people
oh and at JMU during the first few months of the year this "preacher" would come and stand outside of the dining hall to preach to the students about how we are all sinners and he is a Christian and he seriously said that he does not sin anymore...He even had a bible and read some passages from it.. He said some very NOT nice things about our age group (about drinking, and being promiscuous) ...and it never failed that students would gather around yelling at him and making a scene... tell me if hearing that kind of man would make you want to jump in and become a Christian?
didn't think so.
I believe you reach the most people when you use more action and less words.
I honestly don't know what I'd do if I wasn't a Christian..I just find so much comfort in it...in knowing that when I die I'll go to Heaven and be reunited with my family..knowing that I'll have eternal life and even though no one knows exactly what it will be like..it's pretty amazing to think about. I feel like being a Christian gives my life meaning and purpose. I love knowing there is a God looking out for me, who has plans for me, who is forgiving and kind and has blessed me with family and friends and hopefully someday a hubs (:
Of course, I'm not perfect- and no one is. I'm always striving to improve myself and my relationship with Jesus and I don't read the bible as much as I should.. but I try my best. and that's all HE asks.

8 comments:
Thanks for the comment! I have definately missed blogging! I love the 30 challenge you are doing! Very interesting! :)
We had one of those guys at Penn State, too. He stood outside a classroom building called the Willard Building, and everyone called him the Willard Preacher. He was there all day, every day, trying to get in arguments with the students. Crazy. I'm with you about that not being the best way to get your point across!
We had one of those guys at Penn State, too. He stood outside a classroom building called the Willard Building, and everyone called him the Willard Preacher. He was there all day, every day, trying to get in arguments with the students. Crazy. I'm with you about that not being the best way to get your point across!
We had one of those guys at Penn State, too. He stood outside a classroom building called the Willard Building, and everyone called him the Willard Preacher. He was there all day, every day, trying to get in arguments with the students. Crazy. I'm with you about that not being the best way to get your point across!
We had one of those guys at Penn State, too. He stood outside a classroom building called the Willard Building, and everyone called him the Willard Preacher. He was there all day, every day, trying to get in arguments with the students. Crazy. I'm with you about that not being the best way to get your point across!
"I believe you reach the most people when you use more action and less words."
Best line in the entire post. I agree 100%. I mean yes there were times that Jesus taught and "preached" (if you even want to use that word) but I personally believe that Jesus touched more by showing and doing than telling and "converting" He didn't talk about turning the water into wine- He just did it. I'm not a big religious debater etc just my thoughts. :)
I love this post! I agree with you on every piece of this post! We also have a guy on our campus like that...his name is Brother Jed...haha. I can't stand to listen to him because he has Christianity all wrong!
I really liked this post. I think it's great that you don't try to push your religion on anyone. I couldn't agree more when you said this..
"I just find so much comfort in it...in knowing that when I die I'll go to Heaven and be reunited with my family..knowing that I'll have eternal life.... God is forgiving and kind"
Now, personally, I do not attend church but I pray to God and I don't feel as though that makes me any less of a Christian. I think that as long as you believe, that's all God wants from you, right? At least I hope so.
Post a Comment