Tuesday, January 18, 2011

30 day challenge - Day 3

{Your Views on Drugs and Alcohol}

 Drugs
Welll.. I took a class at JMU called 'Use and Effects of Drugs' and it was pretty interesting! It made me a lot more aware of the pleasurable effects of the drugs, as well as the consequences of them. I basically think that drugs are SCARY and I would never want to be around someone who was under the influence of like heroin or ecstasy.  The one I hear the most about is marijuana and I know quite a few people that do it on the reg. But that's their choice, and I'm not here to judge!  
All I know is that drugs are not for me!

Alcohol.
ha I just think of Brad Paisley's song...
"I can make anybody pretty
I can make you believe any lie
I can make you pick a fight
with somebody twice
your size
...
Well I've been known to cause a few breakups

and I've been known to cause a few births
I can make you new friends
Or get you fired from work
 ...
I got blamed at your wedding reception
for your best man's embarrassing speech
and also for those naked pictures of you at the beach
I've influenced kings and world leaders
I helped Hemingway write like he did
and I`ll bet you a drink or two that I can make you
put that lampshade on your head .  "

well I'm not gonna lie, I enjoy a few drinks every now and then. I like wine nights and being able to order a drink when I go out to dinner. I like going downtown and having drinks and dancing... I'm usually the driver so I only get 2 beers max (depending on how long we'll stay out). I don't really like to get drunk, and I definitely don't like waking up the next morning hung over!  Like everything, its fine in moderation!

4 comments:

Kaleena J. said...

Nicely said. I am the same with alcohol, I'm never one to get smashed every time I drink, but it's nice to have a drink now and then.

Kaleena J. said...

Nicely said. I am the same with alcohol, I'm never one to get smashed every time I drink, but it's nice to have a drink now and then.

Laura Darling said...

I agree. I enjoy drinks every now and then, but the whole drug thing does not appeal to me at all.

Megan said...

well said :)