Day One: {New Year's Resolutions}
1. Save Money.
I am terrible at saving my money, which is why right now I'm in the double digits in my bank account until I get my loans back/get paid in February...it's pitiful, I know. So one of my goals this year is to actually use my savings account! I want to put a portion of my paycheck each month into my savings and not touch it.
2. Forgive myself.
I did a post about this here
and ever since then, I have heard it mentioned quite a bit.
The weekend after that post the pastor at church had a segment in the sermon about it. he said
"If God has forgiven us, then what right do we have not to forgive ourselves?"
and on our local Christian radio station they had a commercial/promo about it too
I wish I could find the words to it online but I'm not having much luck.
anyways, that's one of my goals!
3. Keep up my workout routine.
I've worked out every day this year (: haha
[edit: this year= 2011 aka the past two days.
haha I didn't work out everyday for the past year..]
[edit: this year= 2011 aka the past two days.
haha I didn't work out everyday for the past year..]
4. Continue to do well in my classes
Day Two {Favorite Holiday Memory}
My favorite holiday memories are from when I was younger- when grandma, grandpa and poppa were still alive. Jason, Jenn and I would always wake up super early and wait for my parents to get up so we could go downstairs and see what Santa brought! We'd open presents at our house on Christmas morning and then we would go over to my Nana and Poppa's house and my aunt/uncle/cousins would meet us there and we would open gifts and have lunch and it was always fun. Then Christmas afternoon we would go to my Grandparent's house in Claudeville where all my mom's family would get together for dinner. I miss all the excitement that comes from being a kid during the holidays. And things just aren't the same when members of your family are missing from the celebrations!


6 comments:
Great resolutions! Good luck with your OT degree. I know exactly how invaluable an awesome OT is!! :)
I love your resolutions! And it really is true that holidays have so much more excitement when you're a kid.. they seem so much more magical when you're young! Now that I'm older they come and go so quickly
Great resolutions and memories...thanks for linking up!! :)
Great list...I've really gotta learn to spend less and save more!
Great resolutions! And you worked out EVERY day? That is crazy! Not many people can say that!
Also, I am LOVING your new blog look! How adorable!
Happy New Year!
That memory is so sweet :)
Good job for working out so much :)
Post a Comment