Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Day

The one time I did not want school to be closed...we get a snow day.
I woke up at 7:30 to study for my 10:00am final..and this is what I saw

So I figured we'd be closing, the snow was coming down pretty hard...but when it got to be 9:30 and we still weren't closed, and my car was stuck in the snow .. I decided to go get bundled up and just walk the ~1mile to my building on campus. I'm about to walk out the door and decide to refresh my computer once more..and whatdoyaknow.. we are CLOSED. I'm glad I didn't get all the way to campus before finding out liked a handful of my classmates did!

While I was bundled up I went ahead and just cleaned my car off and shoveled around the tires and behind it so that hopefully it's a little easier tomorrow when I have to leave.

What also sucks is that I was planning on leaving right after my final and heading home, so I have like ZERO food here =\ and even more devastating that the no-food situation is that ..gasp..I dont think I have enough coffee creamer for all the coffee I will want today =\ how will I survive?!!
haha okay that's a little dramatic, but really, I need my coffee!!

oh and I'm stuck here alone... since both of my roomies have already left for break
...needless to say this will be a pretttty boring snow day.
meh, guess I could use the extra day to study anyways.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
did you get snow where you are??

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I hope all the snow leaves so you can get that last final over with!

Anonymous said...

bleh! so much snow. Hope it stops soon for you. It snowed so much one year that I had to dig my car out before leaving for break....In April!! It was covered so high up that I could barely see the tires. Somehow the snow plow guy pushed all the snow over to one side of the parking lot and it never melted. crazy.

well, try to enjoy your snow day with blog reading. It is good for when you just want to curl up with hot chocolate and enjoy time off. :)

Caitlin said...

Thanks for the comment on my post! I'm also your newest follower! Definitely no snow here in the South, but I hope yours clears up so you can finish finals! Good luck!

Suze said...

good luck on your finals and prayers are that snow melts away quickly so you can take the final and hurry home to be with your family :)

Jenny said...

We got a bit of snow but nothing compared to what you got!

Leslie said...

wow y'all did get some snow!!
but at least you get more time to study!

Petchie said...

Wow looks like a lot of snow from the pictures! We just started getting some snow where I am, but fortunately my finals are over with. Goodluck with finals and getting home!

xoxo
Petchie

Kristin said...

WOW thats so crazy. I have never been in the snow like that! I couldnt even imagine!