Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; 
give thanks to Him and praise His name. 
For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; 
His faithfulness continues through all generations."
Psalm 100: 4-5

This morning I got up around 7a and got ready to head downtown for the Drumstick Dash 5k! It's a fundraiser for the Rescue Mission here in Roanoke and this year over 11,000 people signed up to participate! How awesome?! I am so glad I was able to be a part of it, and for such a great cause.
the motto was "Move Your Feet So Others Can Eat" I had been "training" for the past month or so and was consistently running around 28 minutes but today I finished it in 24:41!! (=
here's some pictures from the race:
[the route]
[mom and jenn walking to the start line]

[soo many people]
 [Jenn, Brooke and I before]
 [Me, Lyns and Jenn]
 [Jenn, Mom and I before]
[Lauren, Me, Lyns and Jenn before]
[Me, Jenn, Lyns, Lauren and Christine after we finished- which is why we are lookin rough!]



Now I'm just hanging out, relaxing waiting for Jason and Karen to come over and for mom to finish up with the cooking!  

I hope ya'll have the best day and take time to be thankful for the many blessings you have.

 "From the fullness of his grace 
we have all received one blessing after another" 
John 1:16

1 comment:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Those are great bible verses!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!! I did a 5k too! :P