I don't think I mentioned this on here before but last week I went to Starbucks to get a drink before heading to work. I was standing by the counter just waiting on my drink and there were a few girls ahead of me. The barista set a drink down and called out what was... and no one came for a couple of minutes..then a girl walked up and asked if it was the drink she ordered. the Barista snapped back tellin the customer that she had called it out 5 times. Then she turned to the other worker (who I later found out was a manager) and said "I dont mean to be mean but I called it out 5 times and then you gonna come up here and ask if its a (the drink name).." I think my jaw dropped at this point. I couldn't believe she had been so rude! The girl gave me an "OMG" look and walked out. Then the next girl who's drink was ready walked to the counter to pick her drink up and this barista asked her if she had heard her call that girls drink out 5 times!
I was just appalled and thought that was SO rude! I immediately went to my computer and submitted a comment card.
The manager emailed me yesterday and asked for me to come in and speak with her about it. So I did..and when I walk in I didn't know who the manager was and the barista I complained about was at the register so I had to ask her where the manager was!
Turns our she had just gotten "in trouble" that morning so I'm pretty sure she now knows who complained...
I had to tell the manager that I wish we had met while that worker was not there.. so now I just hope its not awkward if I see her in there again.
oh and I got two free drink coupons. holla.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Haha how awkward! At least you got free drink coupons! Maybe I'll start submitting comment cards when I go there haha.
ewww thats really awkward!! why would you have to go in after you already said what had happened?!
I might go to a different starbucks for awhile lol
Craziness! I can't believe that the manager didn't let you know a time that the employee in question wouldn't be there, to avoid awkwardness!
Post a Comment