Sunday, August 29, 2010

last night before grad school

This has been a great weekend! and it's a good thing because its the last one I have before starting grad school in the morning!!
Friday night I went to Blacksburg to our friend's apartment, she goes to VT, for dinner and a movie night! We were going to get a RedBox but they were seriously slackin! so we just watched The Guardian- which is an amazing movie! 
Saturday morning Jenn and I woke up early and headed home to Roanoke! We met up with our mom, our future sister-in-law and her mom to go shop for wedding dresses and try on some bridesmaid dresses! It was fun watching her try on dresses- she had tried some on Friday night also and we ended up finishing the day at the one store she went to friday night where she GOT A DRESS! (= it's gorgeous and I can't wait to see her in it in July! We found some really cute bridesmaid dresses but a couple we really liked didn't come in the color that she wanted!  (I won't have that problem since I plan on having my bridesmaids in black dresses- even tho that won't be for many years!) After shopping for dresses we headed to Jason & Karen's house because he fixed dinner and our parents got to meet her parents for the first time! Everything went great and they got along! haha it was a successful first meeting!

This morning Jenn and I got up early and went to try a new church with our friend Sarah (who is also from JMU and is in grad school here). I really liked the church and everyone was so friendly and welcoming! I think I am going to join a bible study that is on tuesday nights for grad students! After church Jenn, Brooke, Katie and I headed to Christiansburg to the Gap outlet (: I didn't really find anything I was dying to buy so I was responsible and didn't whip out the Gap credit card! I did try on some pants and can't believe I fit into a size 2. I was amazed because never in my life have I worn a size two!! The gym/running is paying off (: and it makes me happy.

Tonight  I had to go to an orientation session for my Graduate Assistantship- it was for everyone with a GA position - saw a few girls there from my hometown and a couple from JMU! It was such a snoozefest tho- so boring and the lady presenting the powerpoint kept trying to be funny- and it was just not working...

-----
sooo YIKES. tomorrow I have orientation for my program from 9-noon..and they are serving breakfast for us (: which is really nice! I have a feeling we will just meet all the faculty, see the classrooms, maybe meet the students that are already a year into the program and then I don't know what else.  also tomorrow I start my GA position by working from 5-close(9p) so hopefully that isn't too bad!
I'm not tooo terribly nervous right now but I know I will be tomorrow morning and tuesday morning. I always get anxious looking at course syllabuses.


ok well that's it for this boring post (: ha

2 comments:

Miss Southern Prep said...

Hope you're not too bored during orientation! Have a great first day!

P.S. I tagged you in a post!

Kristin said...

Have a great 1st day!!