Sunday, July 4, 2010

weekend recap/July 4th

Friday I had to work at 5 and ended up getting off around 9:30 because we weren't busy at all so I came home, showered and got ready. I went downtown with my friend Andy and some of his friends, we went to Corn Beef, Blues BBQ and then to Cornerstone to meet up with my cute co-worker boy and his friend... It was pretty scarce downtown that night- hardly anyone out! I ended up getting home around 2:00a.m.

Saturday- I had to work 12-3 and then again 5-10. I was so excited on Saturday morning because I worked with my Deaf co-worker and we had a few conversations in ASL- he is great and soo patient so it didn't make me feel too intimidated! I am looking forward to working/signing with him more next weekend. I'll try to go over my notecards between now and then to refresh my memory more!  After work I came home/shower/got ready (see a pattern ha) and then headed back downtown again for my friend Derick's birthday celebrations! I met up with Brooke, Katie, Derick, Richard, Jason and Holleigh at Cornerstone and we stayed there for a while but it wasn't very poppin' so we headed to 202. It was pretty fun there, we danced and my old friend (aka old crush) was the DJ. I left around 1:15 and took Katie home (again- DD)

This morning I woke up for church! It was WILD at Parkway this morning! We had a guest singer/speaker from NY named Alvin Slaughter. He had an awesome voice and the place was packed!  Jenn took some audio of him singing so maybe she will put it up? He's prob on youtube tho.
[bad pic from my phone of Alvin]

After church we headed to Nana's for lunch with the fam.. then met up with Amanda and headed to Lynchburg with her family! It was a great time down there. She has SO SO SO many cousins..its insane.. I would love that big of a family but it ain't happenin' ha ha I spent a lot of time today holding babies- I could seriously hold one allll day long. My arm is actually kind of sore from baby Kaleb falling asleep and I just couldn't put him down ha. I can't wait til my brother and Karen have a baby or two or three.. haha 


Hope ya'll had a great Independence Day! 


1 comment:

Kristin said...

did i tell you my sister is deaf and i sign fluently? too bad we dont live closer or i could help you! its such a fun language to know!