I guess since everyone has off work it doesn't feel like Monday- feels more like a Saturday again..messing me up!
This morning I got up and headed to the gym- I love that I am in somewhat of a routine- it is so much easier for me to just get up and go in the morning because when I wait until the evenings I have wayy too much time to come up with an excuse and I can usually find a pretty good one and end up not going!
Then I came back and got ready and Andy picked me up and we went walking around downtown with cameras..he just got a new really nice one and I took my dad's big camera. I thought that Andy would be able to help me figure it out, but nope. ha ha so I didn't get too many great pics- nothing amazing that's for sure.
There was a bike race ha I nicknamed it the "tour de Roanoke" going on downtown so we saw the last 4 laps and it was pretty hardcore when they were reaching the finish line!
After walking downtown we went up to the star- I had been wanting to go during the day and take some pictures because you can see for miles, its so pretty.
(pic from my phone of the start)
Poor Andy, his car starting smoking when we got up there! We got out of the car and were walking towards the star and I told him it smelled like something was burning, he turns around and there is smoke coming from his car's hood! yikes! He said he has some kind of leak and its done this before ..luckily it didn't break down!
The views:
[downtown]
[I spotted my church from up there!- the bldg in the middle of that cleared field]
annd.. here's Amanda and I and her baby cousin Kaleb yesterday at the cookout- my arm is a little sore from holding him so much but he was so sweet- I didnt wanna put him down! He even slept in my arms through most all of the fireworks!
Hope everyone had a great day off!


2 comments:
I love having Mondays off but they always mess up the rest of my week! grrr!
You're right, the holiday weekend, totally threw my week off too! Ha! I was at your church just yesterday - visiting The Bridge for the first time. Loved it! Glad for your sake that a change of scenery is coming...I know how hard it is to let some friends go when you still are "around" even though you know they're not being anything beneficial in your life... Congrats on the GA position!!!
Post a Comment