Well I already posted about Friday..
so Saturday- Hm.. did a whole lotta nothing during the day- but did manage to do Jillian's 30-day Shred! Jenn and I are just about a week into it- didn't do it today though because we just went and worked out at the gym instead. then I had to work 4-10 on Sat night.
On the way to work I almost ran into a TURKEY, yes a real live turkey, just running out from the long grass on the side of my road--ran out right in front of my car haha I had to take a minute just to laugh!
at work, I was a "floater" aka prepped the whole night with whatever we were running out of or just anything that would make Sunday morning go more smoothly!
There was a HUGE storm while I was working and we had the back door open- it was crazy with the thunder and lightning- but helped to cool the place down a bit! After I finished up my work I helped my cute co-worker roll his silver ware. He was gonna pay me but I told him he owed me a drink instead. I was expecting him to get me one at a later date but he said we were going right after work. Seriously. I couldn't believe I was gonna go have a drink in my work clothes- aka jeans, t-shirt and a hat- ha but I did...He said I looked fine and its not like I needed to impress anyone there...which is true... We went up to Shakers and sat at the bar and had a beer and shared an appetizer. It was a really great time- just sitting here talking (= He is just too darn cute.
guess I should mention that he has a girlfriend back at school- unfortunately-
He tells me that they aren't serious and he isn't going to end up with her--blah blah blah--
then Why is he with her?! hmm je ne sais pas..
anyways, enough about him..
This morning we got up and picked up Nana for church. She was crackin' me up at church singing the songs haha especially when it was a solo and she was like the only one in the congregation singing.. I have to admit I was a little embarrassed- but I didn't have the heart to shush her ha. It was a great service (as I posted a little about in my earlier post). We are in a series on Stewardship and towards the end one of the older men in the church came up to share a testimony.
He said it all started about 5 years ago. His business was in a LOT of debt- said they had maxed out 2 credit cards-and he was having trouble making his house payments. One morning he was having his quiet time and the Lord was just speaking to him and pressing on his heart to give a full week's salary to the church. He said he knows what the Lord's voice sounds like. Said God didn't promise anything in return, didn't tell him that he'd take care of the debt if he gave a week's salary... just told him to do it. He said he talked to his wife and she said he had better do what the Lord tells him to- so he did. He gave a check for a whole week's salary to the collection bucket. Soon after that his business started taking off again and getting more and more customers and he was able to pay off the company's dept... fast forward five years and his house is paid off for, he was able to get a new car.... He said he doesn't want everyone to see him up on the stage- but to see God working through him.. he had tears in his eyes the whole time- it was just so sweet! If that is a testament that GOD HONORS OBEDIENCE then I don't know what is...
After Church, Jenn and I took Nana out to lunch and then dropped her off at her house and came back and went to the gym! I have been doing the treadmill for a while and did the eliptical today- I need to start mixing it up and get some variety- my legs felt great-aka burned- after doing the eliptical today!
We went back to Nana's to get her some dinner and make sure she takes her pills- she sure does have a drug cocktail- 8 pills at a time- YIKES! then headed to Kroger for a few things. We grilled chicken for dinner and then made dad a cake for when he comes back tomorrow that says Happy Father's Day on it.
dang its only 9:30 and I could definitely go to sleep right now. it's pathetic ha ha but I have been staying up late the past couple nights. and I plan on getting up semi early tomorrow morning to get some things done!
Hope ya'll had a great weekend!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Men can be so confusing--I loved your comment on my blog post btw.
You just never know how things are going to work out the work guy. I think we have a lot in common. Good luck with the new workout routine.
Thank so much girl! as soon as i read that..i'm like DUH! haha..i upload pics sometimes to there and i have to move the white box, so i know what your talking about.
Post a Comment