Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Happy Father's day to my dad! He's out of town until tomorrow so won't be spending it with him...and I actually have been awful and haven't gotten his gift yet-oops- gonna get up tomorrow and go get it before he gets back..shh..

(all of us with Dad at Me and Jenn's Graduation)
(Dad and I a couple of years ago)

Father's day service at church always makes me tear up- and today was no exception.
Paster Ott invites all the fathers and grandfathers to come up to the alter and pray for their families and ask God to guide them in being Godly men..then all the families of those men come and pray over their dads... it's really sweet. I hope those families know how blessed they are for those men in their lives...
I wish my dad could be one of those men up on that alter... He used to go to church and I'm not sure why he stopped going- I've asked him to go with us many times- but he always has something else or just doesn't want to come.... Can you pray for him?


I also think of my 2 grandfathers on this day... both are spending it in Heaven
My dad's dad passed away in 2004 and I miss him so much- he was like a second dad- saw him every day- he would pick us up from school ever day until we got into middle school- and we'd go stay with him and Nana until our parents got off from work.  He was such a great person- loved his family- and especially his grandchildren
(old pic- but we sure did/do love him..and miss him every single day!)

My mom's dad passed away back in 2008- wow can't believe it has been two years this September...it is so easy for me to forget he passed away-but then I always remember. He was such a kind, Godly man. I loved watching him and my grandma together- they were everything that I hope to be when I am older. He was so funny and always telling us stories about when he was in the war, or training and showing horses (he was a really well-known horse trainer in his day- worked those horses up until he had to go to the hospital- got to the point where my grandma would drive him down to their barn- which was about a hundred yards down the road...but he never went a day without going to feed and water!)  Miss him everyday!
(excuse my hair- ha that was back in my very blond days ha)

No comments: