Thursday, June 10, 2010

thursday randomness

yeah, real original post title huh?
Oh, look what was under a car in the back parking lot the other day- poor thing. it was confused running under cars and then it went onto the first floor of the apartment bldg! ha what if you opened your door and saw a groundhog staring at you!

This morning I woke up early and finished my Biology take home exam and then went to play tennis with Brad. He won, but I did win a few sets! ha ha I played awful- probably because I was just feeling so blah.
Just as we were getting ready to leave Maria came by to say "goodbye" she's leaving to go back to Jersey for the weekend and I'll be moving out before she gets back.. I know I will see her again but I was sad- just because things will never be the same- we have been roommates for the past 3 years and now we aren't..and never will be again. I was sad because I haven't gotten to hang out with her in the past couple of weeks really- but ohwell, that's how it goes I guess.


anyways then I had to babysit again today 2-6. We had a good, mostly low-key afternoon. When I got there I fed the little one lunch because he has slept through his usual lunch time- yummy puree sweet potatoes and messy "pa-sketti" haha too cute.speaking of too cute- the three year old says my name like every 5 minutes- only its "essica" and it made me smile every time! Oh, and I also now know the names of pretty much all of his trains- they ALL have names.
A couple of their friends came over to play- two girls just about the same ages as the boys.. they were so cute playing together.  After they left we spent about an hour an a half playing outside with sidewalk chalk and rolling balls back and forth on the deck, and having a snack, .it was all fun and games until. I. saw. a. tick. A TICK!  I am so scared of ticks..AND it was on the little one's arm! ahhh I brushed it off as fast as I could- grabbed both kids, the sidewalk chalk, and sippy cups and hustled inside! The dad and I checked the kids for any more ticks- they were all clear-! (just thinking about it now and I feel like I have one crawling on me-eek!).
Before I left we fed them dinner and I talked with the dad- he is too nice. He really liked me a lot and kept saying how much they appreciate me being able to help them out the past few days and how he wished they had met me earlier instead of right when I'm leaving Harrisonburg- told me like 10 times that I have to come visit them and if I come back into Harrisonburg- and I will- they were so so nice! they sent me on my way with a couple hugs, a "bye essica!", a nice paycheck and many well-wishes for the next year and getting my masters- both parents were very encouraging of me going right to grad school- said that I wouldn't regret it for a second!

Once I left there I put the money in the bank and went to treat myself to chik-fil-a after a couple weeks of living off of rice-a-roni and pasta-sides (yes, that's true). It was delish- but now I'm thinking I should have probably gone with something a little healthier- but the damage is done now, ha ha


and just because.. here's a pretty flower that I saw the other day:
 and it's JMU colors (=

now, to end the really random post- have a good Thursday night! this is what my night has been consisting of...
jealous?


yay for Five Question Friday tomorrow (= and a LOT of packing for this girl!

2 comments:

Jenn W said...

i can't decide which is worse.. studying philosophy or for the praxis.

Laura said...

Love the flower!

I had chik fil a for lunch yesterday too, I treated myself after I found out I got a job. I was so disappointed though because I got a plain chicken sandwich, only I got a grilled piece of chicken instead of a breaded/fried one. I ate it anyway and I guess it was probably healthier...but not as good!

Good luck packing!