This morning Jenn, Brooke and I headed down to Radford and had appointment set up to view apartments/houses from 10:30 until 2:00. We saw a lot of places with a few different realty companies.
I couldn't believe some of the places we saw, they had people living in them and they were the messiest, dirtiest places I have ever seen- the outsides aren't bad but I don't understand how people let their homes get so dirty! One place we couldn't even see because the people weren't home and their PIT BULL wouldn't let us open the door- not that I wanted to anyways- I was scared of it! Another one we saw, the man showing it to us was beyond RUDE. He knew nothing about the apartment- not even the price! We were asking about maintenance and he was like "now don't call me at 10p and expect us to come right now" then he was like "if you let your toilet run for a week and call me at 5 on Friday, it just ain't gonna get done. you have responsibilities too" we just ended the viewing at that point. Think that Jenn is going to send them a "nice" little email about his attitude.
The one we ended up signing a lease for is through the same company that showed us the dumps and the one with the pit bull...but ours is really nice- and was empty. The realtor is so nice and easy to work with- since it's not "prime time" to be signing a lease she gave us the first month's rent for free! so we just have to pay the security deposit and then we are good until September!
The guy that drove us around to see this and the other apartments was veryy easy on the eyes! He is going to be a senior at Radford this fall and he gave us a little insight to the good places to go out on the weekends and the dining halls- he said the food is okay, but def not as good as the food at JMU- duh- JMU had amazing food! This is the floor plan of our new place (the pics are from a piece of paper so the quality isn't so great -esp the one of the exterior):
I will have one of the bedrooms on the upper level and so will my friend Brooke and we'll share that upstairs bathroom. Jenn will have the bedroom on the lower level and that bathroom. We are so relieved that we found a place we all like, it a quiet area! And its less than a half a mile from campus, so I can definitely walk to/from class! Here's Brooke and I after we signed the lease:
After signing the lease we went and ate lunch/dinner at Macado's ..we were starving!
Then we went on campus a bit to walk around and take a look at the student fitness area (definitely itty bitty compared to UREC at JMU- maybe I should just stop comparing things from RU to JMU)
Here's me on a RU bench:
and right outside my academic building is the therapeutic play area (can't remember exactly what the sign said...) Here's Brooke and I feeling like kids again:
After that we just headed back to Roanoke- went over to nana's to meet up with my parents and tell them about our new place. Now just watching some tv and hanging out- might be going out tonight we'll see.
***
just got a call from the doc with my lab work. everything's normal. She told me to Google my "situation" and see if I find any other tests that I would want to try....
yes, its great that everything is functioning normally but I really want to know WHY this is happening? I am going to call her back and talk about treatment options even though we don't know the cause- cause I gotta do something about it!
well that's all I got for today...
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Congrats on signing the new lease! I move into my new apartment next week as well. I'm looking forward to getting all settled in once again. Cute pictures!
Good news that your lab work is normal! I read about your 'situation' and you shouldn't be too embarassed about it! I have the SAME problem very often. Especially if i get nervous..eek! By talking to my friends- it seems as though I'm not the only one who turns up the AC while driving in the wintertime! :) haha
Hi! Just found you via Hayley Kathryn, and I can't believe it, but I live in Roanoke too! How crazy to meet a blogger from your hometown! Super cute blog you have here...congrats on the new appt. and my sis suffers from the same "must wear black to control the sweat stains" issue. There was ONE deodorant she found that worked, but then they discontinued it.- You might ask your Dr. about some kind of prescription deo. that you put on like once a month or something. My sis tried that, and she said it worked, but she also had some kind of allergy to it (has VERY sensitive skin). If you're interested, I can try to find out what it was called exactly. - Well, it was nice to meet you! I guess it's not often that you meet someone for the first time and talk about armpits LOL! Hope you have a great evening, ~Kristin from Windy Poplars
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! I love the Wedding Date! That movie always puts me in a great mood!!
so glad you found an apartment!!! i would defintely send that rude man an email!
yay congrats on finding a place!!
Post a Comment