Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Apartment searching

gah, I'm so discouraged with this whole housing hunt in Radford.
Everything we think is "nice" (and that's relative bc nothing there is really nice) is already all leased out! =\

When I went up there yesterday I drove around looking at a few places.. Everything looked so barren and dirty and just plain ugly

I definitely have high standards considering this was my apartment at JMU:
[the pool with one of the apt bldgs in the background]

AND this is what I saw yesterday...
[yeah, exactly what i said: ugly...granted this is just one of the places there- a couple of them are a liitttttle nicer than this]

At JMU I had 4bedroom/4full bathrooms...and I paid $430 + about $40-50 extra for cable/internet and electricity per month
At Radford, it is so hard to find a 3 bedroom 3 bath place anywhere! They are all 1.5 or 2 bathrooms. The rent is a lot cheaper- we could get a place for just over 300 a person/month... but would I be willing to sacrifice that much quality for a cheaper rent payment? 
I'm starting to open up to the possibility of living outside of Radford- like in Christiansburg or Blacksburg where there are lots more options for student housing. But too bad its not up to just me.

Jenn, Brooke and I are going down there next Wednesday to see a few places and hopefully find us a place to live! I need work on having an open mind by then!

3 comments:

Kasey said...

It's hard having an open mind when your used to living somewhere much nicer. Keep searching girl, you'll find something! I bet if your friends see the apartments, they will want to move outside of Radford to.

Kristin said...

I cant believe how cheap the rent is there!! I pay $1500 for a one bedroom one bath. Crazy California. I hope you find something you like!!

Jessica said...

Kristin- wow that's crazy- for just a 1 person apartment! Hopefully its a really nice apartment! Guess the cost of living is a lot higher over there than over here in VA !

Thanks ya'll..I sure hope we find something, too.