Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wrightsville Beach


Monday (very early) Jenn, Amanda and I packed up and headed south to Wrightsville Beach for a little vacation. I was so looking forward to escaping reality and leaving all my worries in Roanoke.
We got into Wrightsville beach around 12:30ish- got to our hotel but the room wasn't ready yet so we went down and walked on the beach until we got the phone call that we could get into the room. Ha started off the vaca almost losing my rainbows! While we were walking I took them off to walk in the sand and then I set them down to take a picture and didn't realize I hadn't picked them back up until we had walked like half a mile! Luckily we headed right back and someone had propped them up on the sand so that the water wouldn't take them away- thankful for nice people!
 [so happy I found my shoes]
[first time having Rita's..hopefully not the last!]
the weather wasn't so great Monday and Tuesday but we still went and walked on the beach and played bocce ball and volleyball  and explored the cute little town. Tuesday we got up and hung out til we headed to the cute little restaurant beside our hotel for lunch- it was called Oceanic- it was yummy! then we went and explored the shops since it was a little rainy and we wouldn't be hitting the beach that day.

Wednesday it was really nice so we were able to lay out on the beach for a few hours (= then we walked down to the main street and at at a local restaurant- King Neptune for dinner.
 [bocce ball]
 [gettin' my tan on]
[cute ducks!]
[duck feets]

Thursday morning we got up before the sun to watch it rise over the ocean- it was so pretty! then we packed up and headed back to Roanoke! (=
I would love to start every day watching the sun break the horizon-if only it wasn't so early!!


Well, now I'm back in Roanoke until Sunday! Tomorrow I'm playing tennis and getting lunch with Jenn, Brad and Seth- should be fun! then Saturday is Brooke's graduation party and then downtown with some friends! and Sunday its up early for church and then heading back to Harrisonburg for my summer class! Should be a fun/busy-ish weekend and I hope to take lots of pics! (=

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Kaleena J. said...

Hey, I love your cute little blog... and those pictures of the ducks are ADORABLE. I love ducks. I'm happy to be your newest follower. :)

Have a great weekend!

Brett W. Tubbs said...

SO JEALOUS OF YOUR BEACH TIME!!! I can't wait to go to the OBX soon! :) Thanks for your encouragement the other day, it really helped!