Sunday, May 16, 2010

Great Weekend with friends

 *pics to come*
Friday, I went and played tennis with Jenn, Brad and Seth! It was a lot of fun- and very hot! I'm hoping to play some more tennis this summer- last year I had a lot of fun playing! Then Brad, Jenn and I went to Elderberries for some yummy smoothies!
Saturday, Got up early and headed to Lynchburg for Brooke's graduation with Jenn and Katie! We skipped on on the main convocation and just went to her individual program's graduation that lasted all of about 10 minutes! I kind of wished we had gone to the big commencement because Glenn Beck was their speaker- I know many people are not a fan of his but I watched the speech on YouTube the other day and it was actually very good! But I do, however, enjoy watching his show from time to time. After that was over we went to find the JCrew factory store! They had a HUGE sale that happens like twice a year or so- just boxes and boxes and boxes of clothes to dig throw! it was crazy- I could have gotten a lot of new shirts but I restrained and didn't spend a single penny! After that we headed back to Roanoke to go to Brooke's graduation party at her house- it was fun just hanging out and eating...a lot. ha ha 
Saturday night we all went down town. It was a pretty big group: about 15 of us taking over 202 and Cornerstone! It was a lot of fun- as usual! I love going downtown and dancing with everyone.

We headed home at like 1am and then had to get up this morning at 8 to get ready and head to church! It was an okay sermon, loved the music though. You know how just sometimes the lesson doesn't speak to you as well as other times...this was one of those times. Plus we had a guest preacher- John Ray- from Arkansas speaking today and I was having trouble following his train of thought!  After church I headed home to pack up my stuff, had lunch with my family and my Nana's house and then headed up 81 to JMU, which is where I am now. and feeling very weird.
I am having trouble realizing that I have to go to class again already! mon-thurs from 9:30-12..yuck. Plus, my online class starts tomorrow too.
Another reason why I am feeling weird is I think I'm about to be kind of lonely feeling for the next four weeks, even tho two of my roommates will still be here. Jenn is moving alllll of her stuff out right and I'm turning in her apartment keys tomorrow. I just hang out with her all the time and I dunno, it will be very weird being apart for a month (minus Memorial day weekend) but gotta get used to it- we won't be living together for the rest of our lives or anything!

blehh, alright time to unpack from the week at home and try to organize myself for the coming week!

4 comments:

Kaleena J. said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! Fun! Sorry about your roommate Jen moving out though. :(

Laura said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Can't believe you have to start right back with school though!!

Katelyn said...

I only got a few days break before school starting back today too....how do you like online classes??? sounds like you had a nice fun weekend though!! :)

Jessica said...

Hey Katelyn- well this is my very first class that is completely online and it just started yesterday. I think it will be alright- I just have readings and quizzes to complete every week!