I got up, packed up and heading home. I got especially sad once I got into my house and sat down-I looked over at the digital picture frame and the picture of Jenn, Nana, Grandma and I from our highschool graduation was showing- that seems like just yesterday. I am also just sad that all my grandparents weren't there to see me graduate college- my biggest accomplishment to date. It was my Poppa's birthday yesterday, which also made graduation special. He didnt even get to see me graduate highschool (he passed away when I was in highschool). My mom's parents both passed away when I was a junior in college- I just wish so much that they could have been there- but I know they are smiling down on me from heaven, and I hope to make them proud up there (=
After seeing that, tears just started flowing...
Even though I will be heading back to JMU for a summer class- it will be so very different.
I am so NOT ready for this big change..I cant believe the past four years have gone by so quickly..and something tells me time isn't slowing down anytime soon. I'm so scared for the future, I hate not know what is coming- I have been a student for as long as I can remember, it's comfortable, familiar- even though I have a different classes and different teachers- I knew that every August-May/June I would be in school and June-August I would have summer vacation. I didn't have to worry about what next week, next month or even next year would bring-and now I'm so very unprepared, scared, nervous, anxious. I'm not really that excited at all yet, I'm not ready to leave this chapter of my life.
Just gotta have faith that things will work out- and even though I don't know what is yet to some, He does know- and I'll be okay.
"Standing on the border, looking out into the great unknown..
I can feel my heart beating faster as I step out on my own"

1 comment:
I feel the EXACT same way!!! It hit me Saturday night right before bed, and the tears of sadness came. Everyone asks are you excited, happy? And yes I am but also wasn't ready to feel this sad. But like I keep telling them, and myself, I can't stay at JMU forever, life has to move on...
Post a Comment