Saturday, May 8, 2010

Graduation (pics to come)

Wow, I did it. I GRADUATED from college today. It feels so incredibly unreal. I feel like if I stop and really start to think about it, I could get emotional- but I'm just not ready to let it all really sink it yet. Not ready at all.

This morning I got up at like 6:30 from a text message from my parents saying they were 45 min away.. There was no hope in me going back to sleep after that since my alarm was set for 6:53 anyways (yes, I set my alarm for odd times- I dont like setting it for 6:45 or 6:50.. i'm weird like that ha)
so I rolled out of bed- freezing! ha not good, got ready and I was feeling so nervous! Seriously, it felt like I had a big speech or something that I had to do-my stomach was in knots!
We headed out to catch the bus to campus at like 8, and two buses came that were already full - which made no sense.  luckily we had to call a special bus to get my grandma's wheel chair in so we ended up riding in that over instead of waiting on a third, maybe full, bus.
We made it to the field and I found my friends in line number one! We had to line up by major, and I'm so glad I have friends in my same major to sit with! I was in section one- so luckily I didnt have to wait long to walk across the stage!
I was so nervous to walk, but it went really fast and flawless! The lady was calling names so quick- seems like at one point there was like 4 people on the stage at once!
So, the ceremony was over around 11, I met up with Jenn, Mom, Dad, Nana, Jason, Karen, RB, Vicky and Amanda to take some pictures with them. then we all came back to our apartment and to celebrate and hang out with Maria's family and Katie's family (:
it was such a great day. I am so lucky to have spent the past four years at the best place on earth. I can't think of a better place than JMU. (=
I am also so thankful for all of those that came up to celebrate today with us. My family, and the Lawhorns- love them! Seriously, don't know what I would do without RB Vicky and Amanda- they are my second family<3 It meant so much to me that they would come up here today =)

Now, I am so looking forward to spending some time at the beach with Jenn and Amanda- we are heading down bright and early Monday morning, and staying until Thursday! We are going to Wrightsville beach- thanks to Nicholas Sparks..should be a great time- and will be nice to get away just for a little while before coming back to JMU on Sunday- since my summer class starts on Monday! ha, so I'm not excited about being done with classes just yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jessica!