Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Last SafeRides meeting

wow. I can't believe I just went to my LAST SafeRides meeting tonight! It was a great meeting though- They honored all of us seniors and we all came down to the front of the auditorium and gave everyone the chance to speak out about their experiences in SafeRides. I didn't realize just how many of us are graduating! Craziness.
They gave us blue cords to wear for graduation <3 and a SafeRides Alumni since 2010 t-shirt. love those gifts so much!

So..why did I join SafeRides?
Well.. I joined in the fall of my Junior year. My sister had been in the organization since freshman year and my roommate, Maria, had joined sophomore year. I just piddled around, didn't really get involved in anything my first two years and I wasn't involved in anything and I really was looking for something to do..so I decided to apply for SafeRides. I remember when I got the call that I had been accepted- I was so excited! and I have been involved for the past 4 semesters!  It feels great to see how far SafeRides has come just in the past two years- and can't wait to stay updated on all they accomplish in the coming years- they're  gonna be doing BIG THINGS!
walk down memory lane:

I could put a TON more pics - but that's enough-  haha
It's been real.
It's been fun
and it's been REAL FUN!
gonna miss it fo'sho.

1 comment:

Briana Kate said...

Such a bittersweet time! It is hard but yet so exciting!!! Looking forward to seeing how God is going to use you next! :)