Wednesday, April 21, 2010

HUMP DAY nice professors + summer classes

Happppy Hump Day! Yay the week is halfway over!

*I have some GREAT exciting news that I can't wait to share, gotta wait til those involved make it public since it just happened tonight!!*

As I have mentioned many times- Wednesdays are my lonnng days! but I got through it with only minor issues haha.
My first two classes were a breeze and the there's the third one- which was less than great! I spent most of the time bored out of my mind because I have NO idea what she is talking about- it's ALL directed towards future teachers, but it's a class that non-teaching minors can take- weird right?  but yeah so after the class the professor had probably about 3 groups of people stay after to discuss a group assignment we had to turn in last week...let's just say that none of those three groups did remotely well. So she is letting us make corrections and try to get some points back so we don't get low B's/C's in the course. I am SO thankful for that.
During the meeting after class I did express my concern that I feel out of place in the class because about 75%+ of the content is directed towards the future teachers. I could tell she really didn't want us to feel that way. I checked my email after the gym and had an email from her- it was so nice , just saying that she doesnt want me to feel out of place, and that most of the discussion wasn't directed toward me and she feels that I am learning things from the course. I just thought it was so thoughtful of her to take time to email and reassure me that I am doing okay in the class.
It's not true what all my high school teachers used to tell me- that college professors won't care- THEY DO CARE (well most of them)

Also today, I registered for a two summer classes! One is online through the community college in my hometown, and the other one is at JMU, so I will be in Harrisonburg taking a 4 week class that starts a week after graduation! booo... but it's only Monday-Thursday for 2.5 hours/day. So I can go home on the weekends for a few days! Plus the pool here shouldn't be too crowded so that will be nice! (:

alright, that's about it for tonight- Hope ya'll had a great wednesday.

3 comments:

Briana Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Briana Kate said...

Yay! for Hump Day! Hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

Anonymous said...

Yesss! That's great news! And that is really nice of your professor to take the time to send you a note-
Isn't it a RELIEF to get summer registration out of the way?! Graduation is only a few weeks away! Get EXCITED!! :)