Saturday, April 17, 2010

B.I.G. List:: Day Trip to D.C.

Yesterday Jenn, Maria, Katie and I heading to D.C. for the day! This was one thing on our list I was really looking forward too. We got there around 1:30 ish. and rode the metro into the city!
 [Maria and I headed to the Metro]
[Katie, Jenn, Maria and I waiting on the Metro]

We went to the Smithsonian and the Holocaust Museum - I had really been wanted to go to the Holocaust one but it just wasn't what I had expected- WAYY too much to read- and it was a big exhibit- 3 floors! My eyes were done after the 1st floor! But I did look at all the pictures!
[Holocaust Museum]
[fun face-in-hole thing at the Smithsonian]

After those two museums we walked to the White House, saw the Washington Monument and then to the WW2 Memorial. Made me remember my grandpa's...they both served in the war.
 [The President's House!- there were men walking on the roof with gun-creepy!]
[Washington Monument]
[thought it was going to rain, then the sun came back out-so pretty!]
[Me in front of the WWII Memorial]



After we did that we walked back to the Metro station and rode back to our car! Then headed to Tyson's Corner...we were in heaven there. Seriously, it's 3 floors of every single store I could ever want. My main goal was to find a graduation dress! and I found TWO...and got them both. Now, I just need to decide which I want to wear!


Today, I think we are going to have a picnic in the Arboretum...that's another thing off of our list!  =)

Hope ya'll have a great Saturday!

No comments: