Saturday, March 27, 2010

scary movie + long Satuday + The Shack

Last night Katie came over and we all watched StepFather... it was definitely scary- but basically the same story line as Disturbia...but it didn't have the best ending.

Anywho, got up WAY too early for a Saturday (7:15) to go babysit with Jenn at the church she works at while they had a little retreat/bible study thing from 8:30-3p... we had a third grader, twin second graders and twin fifth graders... THREE sets of twins in one room- weird. It was exhausting though- those little boys were not the best listeners. but we played games, colored, watched a movie, went to Klines (they parents gave us money to take them for ice cream) and played with sidewalk chalk..fun stuff ha. but it was just rough because it was soo long and the kids were getting kinda restless.
Now, I'm just hanging out for a little bit until I have to go babysit again at 4:30 til 11ish for two other kids (ages 5 and 2)...

So, I FINALLY finished The Shack. If you have never heard of it- look it up and I definitely recommend reading it. It will give you a WHOLE new perspective on the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the way they intertwine and the work with one another and you will definitely think of things differently. It was such a great story to go along with it- ah can't sing it's praises enough.

2 comments:

Briana Kate said...

sounds like a crazy Saturday! :)

Thanks for the Shack recommendation! I heard a lot of people mention it is good so I guess I should jump on board and read it too! Hope you have an awesome rest of the weekend! :)

Sarah Ann said...

The Shack is one of my favorite books.. I had someone close to me with a similar situation (his daughter) and it really was amazing to read... :)
Happy weekend!!