I know... two posts in one night might be a little much but this just has been weighing on me for a while now...
I can't stop thinking about what is going to happen after May 8.
Not so much what is going to happen to me personally, but what is going to happen to the friendships that I have made while I've been here
I have been so lucky to have great friends from High School that I am still friends with and can't imagine them ever not being a part of my life... I just wonder, do I have bonds with people here at JMU that are that strong..that are going to last after we leave graduate, after we leave Harrisonburg...? Even now, I feel as though somethings are slowing changing...
It takes two to keep a friendship alive, I feel like I am good about keeping in touch but I don't know about other people. Sure, there is Facebook and email and blogging- but that's just not the same..
I get sooooo emotional thinking and talking about this.. because my friends are my rocks. A lot has happened in my life these past few years...and I don't have a significant other (like most of my friends do) so maybe it's harder for them to understand just how much I depend on them to provide that support system...Maybe I don't tell my friends enough just how much they really mean to me...
Only time will tell how this relationships will play out, and for now-- I will enjoy it while I can...
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I am wondering the same things! There are so many people from high school that at graduation I was sure I would be friends with forever, and now we don't really talk. I'm scared that's going to happen with my college friends too. I was just learning in Sociology class today that the two years after college are the toughest friendship-wise, but that the people you are friends with in those two years are the people that are most likely going to be in your life forever.
You will be my bff foreverrrr! I know nothing about our friendship will ever change! N4LIFE! :)
Hi Jessica!
Just know that you are not alone in feeling this way. I think every college graduate have the same fears and anxiety. Definitely some friendships will change and fade, no doubt, but now is the true test. I've kept up consistently with about 5 girls from college on a consistent basis, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Either way, the Lord will provide in other ways as well! I do have a little experience in this.
Hope you have a great week!
Lindsee
I am right with ya girl. I am graduating at the beginning of May and lately I wonder a lot about the friendships that are going to stay intact when I leave this place that has been my life and home for the past four years. I will need to get a lot better at the long distance thing, but I know that the friendships that are the most important will find their way to working out.
Best,
Hannah Katy
Sweet blog! I'm now following!
Love it!!
Sarah Ann sarahannrogers.com
You know, it makes you real lucky to have the friends you do! Just enjoy that fact by itself. :)
Post a Comment