I just wanted to share some parts of it. (this is written from his point of view, and I'm just typing it verbatim..so when he is referring to "mom and dad" its my grandma and grandpa)
"Fortunately,in death as in life, Mom and Dad made life simple and easy for us. Both gave us three weeks to say our goodbyes, express our love and deal with our sadness before they died. It was clear to us that they didn't fear death. It was clear to us where they would go..."
"I was looking at dad's tombstone when I commented, 'There are a lot of 8's'. In fact, there were a lot of 8's and 0's. I started thinking. Is this a code, or a message from God? I thought of 0 representing the wedding ring, a number with no ending or beginning. An 8 has no beginning or end either. No other numbers are like that. You can put two 0's together and make an 8. You can rotate 8 ninety degrees and it makes the symbol for eternity or infinity. When I looked at the tombstone I noted that Dad was born on 08/02/1920. Mom was born on 12/12/1928. They were married on 07/08/1948. Dad was found dead in the early morning hours of 09/29/2008 but may have actually passed on 09/28/2008. He was 88 years old. All these 8's and 0's jumped out at me like a revelation and I had to conclude that Mom and Dad had an eternal marriage. Why didn't dad die on 08/08/08? Because Mom and Dad were avid sports fans and wouldn't miss seeing Michael Phelps with 8, yes 8, gold medals! There's more. All the grandchildren were born in the 80's except Christian born in 1978 and Austin and Ian born in 1990, which has a zero- and there are two of them (twins) so put that together and there's your 8. (He didn't add this but Rick was born on the 20th, Joe was born on the 28th and my mom was born in OCTober [oct=8])
After Dad died, Mom seemed to be doing well. She was gaining some more weight and getting out of the house a little more. It appeared that she could live for several more years. Unfortunately, I don't think eternal marriages can tolerate separation. On 12/06/08 She had a major stroke. She was 79 years old and could have died that night. But guess what? She lived to turn 80! Also, by some miracle she became able to still tell family and friends that she loved them although her speech centers should have been destroyed by the stroke... We felt grateful that, like dad, she survived for 3 weeks after the stoke and was able to return to her sunroom that she had built with her own hands and spend time with family before passing.
Well, as I was eating dinner on 12/31/2008 I was thinking that I was wrong on my prediction for Mom to pass on the 28th, and I was beginning to think she wouldn't die in the year 2008 either. I started doubting the meaning of the numbers. Then I received a call from my brother. Mom has passed at 8 minutes after 8 on the last day of 2008."
Isn't that neat? I just love that and how all the 0's and 8's show up!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment