Monday, February 15, 2010

back to the grind...

Got back to JMU yesterday after spending the weekend in Roanoke!
it was actually a really nice drive- The sun was shining (which was a tease!) & I was loving looking at the snow covered mountains...I never want to live where there are no mountains- it's so comforting!
 
  
pretty, huh?
(yes I know, it is sooo safe to take pictures while driving. ;) )

So..I actually unpacked right when I got back-usually I wait and just live out of laundry baskets for a couple days or until I need to do laundry again ha.. (anyone else HATE unpacking?! its the worst thing about a trip!- and for some reason I feel the need to bring 2 weeks worth of clothes home for just one weekend!- I mean c'mon ya never know right?!)
Then Maria and I went to get ourselves a Valentine's Day treat at Coldstone! Gahh it's so delish. cake batter ice cream with brownies.mhmm.

Today has been pretty alright, minus spending like an hour trying to get my internet to work. for some reason the driver (yeah, I don't know what that is either) wasn't being recognized..I finally gave up and just did a system restore and voila! it's up and running! Oh, and today was CHOICES on campus- it's for all the prospective students that have already been accepted- so it was pretty crowded today- luckily I wasn't on campus for too long.

soo..tomorrow starts LENT! Jenn, Amanda and I are giving up sweets/desserts! I think it will definitely be hard but worth it and I have been terrible at eating them (I'll have sweets like everyday recently =\). I'm glad to have a couple people to keep me accountable ...from now on fruit is my new dessert!
Anyone that reads this participating in Lent? if so, what are you giving up?

It also snowed more today- only about an inch- and we don't have class tomorrow because of assessments so its no good for us! ha. I got soo lucky with my Senior Assessment- apparently all of the Pre-OT students got left off the health science mailing list so we don't have to take anassessement this year- I'm pumped! So I plan on spending a good part of the day in the library getting all my work done for the week- and I gots plenty to do.


okay, almost time for the Bachelor! woo woo- even tho I'm not really diggin' this season- bleh.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the snow pics. I hate unpacking, too. I haven't decided what - if anything - I am going to do for Lent. I am not Catholic and I just don't feel the need for it although I do like the meaning of it. If that makes ANY sense.

Jessica said...

yeah that makes sense! ha I usually do something that I wish I could keep as a New Year's Resolution and just do it for the 40 days, and then after 40 days I am usually good about keeping it going!