Monday, January 11, 2010

day one= done & More on AMWWF

sorry this is a little lengthy/wordy

Yay, done with day one of classes. I only have one class on Mondays (and Fridays)! I had American Sign Language at 9:05 this morning. I think I am really going to like that class- I'm excited to learn sign language!!
After class I went over to the bookstore to pick up a textbook then went to lunch with a Jenn, Katie, Alison, Thais and Sarah! then went on some errands with Jenn and Katie.
I'm DONE with my VCU grad school application! (yay). so now I just wait!

Went to UREC tonight (the gym on campus) and took On The Ball- it was a good class- my arms are gonna be sore tomorrow!! I'm pumped to get back into taking the classes!


I'm still reading AMWWF (see previous post for a the boaz v. bozo list that I am updating as I go). This book REALLY makes me think. As I read certain guys I know come to mind when I read the characteristics. How sad is it that I can barely think of any "Boaz's" and the majority of the people that come to mind display more traits in the "Bozo" list. I mean its not like I haven't noticed this before, but I never really thought about it til reading this book and it's an eye opener: I need to surround myself with some better men, some more Boaz's

I think any girl could benefit from this book, not just singles, but girls in relationships especially- it is really eye-opening! I know not a lot of people will read this book, but hopefully they can learn some from it via my blog.

Here are a few passages I read recently that stuck out: (I have seen these things too many times!)

"In a serious dating relationship, when you are trying to overlook a bad behavior your boyfriend repeats again and again your response moves from ennobling into enabling. You are actually sanctioning his repeated bad choices. Rather than being the bigger person overlooking a wrong, you are actually a person who is encouraging bad behavior. So often a women will overlook a serious character flaw in a man (such as lying, addiction...) and assume that he will change"

"If there is any lie bozo-dating women perpetually tell themselves it is I will change him, I will influence him so that he will become the man of my dreams. ...such self-talk is deceiving and is not unique. Too many women stubbornly invest in relationships with Bozo's anticipating that they will eventually have peace in the arms of their ideal mates. They openly disregard the good counsel of God, family and friends cursing themselves with denial. What a price to pay. Only God can make a Boaz out of a Bozo. Love and commitment will never be enough to change a man from the inside out"

There are SO many great bible verses in it that I want to go through and comb out...someday. ha

I'm almost done with part two and looking forward to part three- the section of the book called "Your role in locating a man worth waiting for." Should be interesting--you know I'll let you know (= ha!

Hope ya'll had a great Monday!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I think this book has already helped you in the most important way: in the kinda guys you really and truly want to date!

Jessica said...

I definitely agree! I can't imagine dating a bozo after this book- waitin' on that Boaz!