Thursday, December 31, 2009

One Year- RIP Grandma 12-31-08

Wow, its been one year since my grandma passed away. That is crazy- sometimes I still just cannot believe it- don't want to. I remember driving down to Blacksburg to ring in the new year and getting a call from my mom saying that Grandma has passed away.

I remember when I found out that Grandma had had a stroke- I could NOT believe it! We had just lost my grandpa a few months before and was not ready to deal with this (but can you ever be ready?) Luckily we were on christmas break, so pretty much everyday we drove to North Carolina to spend the day with her. I will never forget seeing her for the first time after the stroke- She did not look anything like her self. I just turned around walked out and sobbed. A couple weeks in the hospital and then she went home on Hospice. She lived for about another week before being reunited with Grandpa.

I will always remember her personality- she always had a smile on her face. She was the most Godly woman I have ever met. I remember her laugh- won't ever forget that.  She would do anything for anybody. At her funeral my uncle gave the eulogy - it was so good (I still need to get a copy of it!) and the church was packed- people were standing up all around because there wasn't enough seats for everyone. After speaking he gave time for people to share memories of Grandma- many people spoke out to what a great person she was.


Jenn, Carol (cousin), and Me w/ Grandma. So glad we have this picture.


Jenn and I with both of our Grandma's the day we graduated Highschool- old photo.


R.I.P.  <3

No comments: