Monday, November 9, 2009

randomness-- lesson learned

I had something in mind to post about tonight, but It slipped my mind!


*just posted my blog's link onto my facebook today- not sure how I am feeling about putting this out there..and wondering who will even read this thing* You should leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by (:*


so anyways, we had a Pre-OT meeting tonight and Dr. Loveland came and spoke to us (he is the director of the JMU program). I hadn't met him before (kindof odd and bad on my part) and he wasn't what I was expecting but he was nice for the most part, and pretty helpful. Luckily, he said that JMU really only looks at the Verbal and Writing sections of the GRE! (holla! cause I SUCK at math!). And he went off on a tangent about if we go to richmond (VCU) we are more likely to get murdered-- he's so odd- its like he wants everyone to ONLY want to go to JMU- and that is so unrealistic- since only 20 people get accepted.
I kindof decided today that if I don't get in anywhere this spring I'm taking a year off- and taking classes somewhere to fulfill pre-reqs for a couple other schools and trying to apply again- and find a job more related to the health care.



gahh WHERE ARE THANKSGIVING BREAK?!?! I can't believe we haven't even had one break from school yet- I def appreciate the whole week for thanksgiving but its rough making it til the end of November without even a couple days off.
and I have an enormous amount of work to do before break- and then the Monday right when we get back I have at least one presentation- and maybe two! so that is gonna be rough.
but I'll make it through!

If I've learned one thing in the past few days- mostly because I got totally sucked into little Gavin's story (www.gavinowens.com)- it is that life is SO much BIGGER than me and my little problems: like writing grad school essays, applying to schools, taking exams, giving presentations..yadda yadda.. seriously- on the grand scale- these are NOTHING! .. really makes me wonder why I stress so much-
I have spent so much time lately thinking about and praying for people like the Owen's family- who are truly suffering- and it has made me put my problems into perspective. and I am even more thankful for how much God as really blessed me.

No comments: