Thursday, December 20, 2012

New room inspiration

Soo since I'm moving into a new apartment, and I've had the same bedding/decor since I was a junior in undergrad, I thought it was time for a little update.


This picture from Pinterest is my inspiration.

I just love the white bedding, colorful quilt and accent pillows.. Im not sure if I will be painting or not though..

Here is the quilt that I bought yesterday at SteinMart..now just need to get a white comforter.
Unfortunately they were out of the shams but I was able to get one of the accent pillows that matches the fabric of the quilt. And I'm going to have my mom make me some shams once I go get the fabric.
I'm liking the ruffle pillows: but I like the cute bows too!  
which do you like best?
I also plan on making something like one of these for my wall: with paint chip colors to match the colors in the quilt:
not sure what words I would use yet
love this idea for a dry-erase calendar

I also like this easy idea..spray painting a cheap wire trash can, turning it upside down to make a cute little table! 

And of course, I need a cute lamp for my bedside table.. will probably be able to find a cute one at Tj Maxx or some place like that! 

Can't wait to see it all come together, and i'll be sure and post pics when its all done.


Man, where would we be without Pinterest? you can follow me here if you don't already :)


3 comments:

Miss Southern Prep said...

Love your quilt! There are so many bright, pretty colors in it, I'm sure you'll be able to incorporate a lot of beautiful colors in your room!

Individually Unique; Together Complete said...

We love the quilt and the ideas you have for your room. The bow pillows are super cute and we love the dry erase calendar idea! :]

Kristin said...

I love the pops of pink!