Sunday, February 5, 2012

I was tagged!

Thanks, Ashley, for tagging me in this! I think they are so fun and gives me a good reason to post today! 

First, for 11 facts about moi:
1. I'm a 24 year old grad student -studying Occupational Therapy (and no, I can't find you a job)
 
2. I'm a twin- you can check her blog out here 
 
3. I'm a slightly addicted to coffee
our kcup collection right now
4. As of right now I want to work with people who have suffered a traumatic brain injury once I graduate. This fall I will be in Newport News for a fieldwork placement at a Rehab Institute and I'm crossing my fingers that I'm on the TBI Unit!
 
5. I sing. a lot. even though I dont have the best voice I can't help but sing to every song I know when I hear it- and you can ask my friends- I know a LOT of songs.
 
6. My favorite shows are: Revenge, Grey's Anatomy (even tho that show is so diff than it used to be!), and Friday Night lights... =) 
 
7.  I did my undergrad at James Madison University...aka the best place on Earth
me jumping in front of Wilson Hall on the quad
8. I'm always early. always. Even if I try not to be early- I'm still early. 

9.  I have had the same best friends since I was in elementary school...but have added a few new ones throughout the years too! I just feel lucky to have had the same friends for so long :) 

 10. I don't care that today is Superbowl Sunday...This is what I'm spending the day with: 
three quizzes this week!
11. I can't wait to get my own puppy!! I want a golden retriever cocker spaniel mix.. just like this little girl- she is the perfect size and is the sweetest dog ever. 
If anyone sees one of these dogs for adoption/sale- holler!


Now for the questions that Ashley made up for me...

1. What's your favorite type of cookie?
-hands down, oatmeal chocolate chip 
has to be this kind- i could eat the batter alone and not even make the cookies!
2. If you could live in any US city, where would it be?
 -Well, I'm thinking I want to live in the Charlotte, NC area, or Richmond, Va area..but I think living in Nashville, TN or somewhere on a lake would be awesome too1
 
3. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- definitely pay off my student loans, pay off my parent's part of my student loans, get a new car and save the rest until I am married and then buy a house! (i'd prob spend a little on clothes and other random things too) 
4. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
 -good question: I like what the chair of my program says- that if we ever feel like we can't make it through the program or if we ever start doubting ourselves- remember why you applied in the first place and that you are where you are supposed to be, doing what you are supposed to be doing.  I think that is great advice bc sometimes the work is overwhelming and its easy to get stuck on that and wonder if I can really do this- but then I remember why I want to be an OT and that's because I want to help people do the things that are important to them!
 
5. What's your favorite healthy meal?
Definitely a salad: spinach leaves, lots of tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, cold corn and peas,  and grilled chicken with honey mustard. that was my go-to meal at JMU! so yummy
 
6. What's your favorite un-healthy meal?
 chick-fil-a chicken sandwich and waffle fries with the chick-fil-a sauce!

7. What is your favorite band?
 oh that's a hard one. I'll pick two: The Fray and Lady Antebellum :)
 
8. What's your favorite color?
 I really like yellow- but I dont really own anything that is yellow haha
 
9. Do you have any pets?
we have a family dog that lives in Roanoke with my parents...
10. What's the best vacation you've ever been on?
 I have never been on any really great vacations- just to the beach!
 
11. What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
 -Definitely graduating from JMU and then starting my graduate program :) 

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm obsessed with k-cups now that I have my keurig!! Every time I'm at the store I have to resist buying new flavors... I'm becoming a coffee lover like you ;)

Ashley said...

Yay! Thanks for doing all the questions! I love learning about other people!

Kristin said...

I am so behind on Greys!! Just watched two and have two more to go.. it has changed so much! I miss George