Monday, January 2, 2012

it's a new year

...duh!
Yesterday was the first day of the new year, but it was also the first Sunday that Nana was not at the table for lunch. My WHOLE life, and I mean every Sunday, we had either went to Nana and Poppa's house for Sunday lunch or since Poppa passed away and Nana started getting dementia, my Nana has come over to our house every Sunday for lunch- so not setting her a place at the table yesterday was just very hard. It took my dad a few minutes to get to the table be it was upsetting him not having her there. =\ so sad.

We put away all of the christmas decorations around our house and cleaned up the living room yesterday I came across the recordable story book that I had Nana do last year and it just makes me so happy to know that someday, my children will be able to hear her voice and she can read them a bedtime story :) I wish I had done one with all of my grandparents.

Yesterday evening Jenn and I headed over to our friend Katie's mom's house for a little birthday celebration- Katie's bday is today (HAPPY BIRFDAY!!)
**

Today jenn and i got up early-ish and headed to the gym ...gotta start the year off right, right? ...apparently lots of people had the same idea but luckily we didn't have to wait for a machine at all...then we came home got ready and headed to JMU for the Men's bball game with mom and dad...
We were sitting watching the game when all the sudden the EMS people and the cops start rushing to one corner of the building with the stretcher and everything - we were all nosey and trying to see what happened but figured we'd never know...then a lady comes walking over and starts talking to a guy right beside me and said that a 4 year old had fallen off of the side of the bleachers- she apparently knew the family and had asked them if it was okay to spread the word to begin praying for the child/family- She also said that it wasn't looking good for the child which made me want to cry! I just can't imagine that- one moment your child is playing and having fun - the next they are fighting for their life. I hate it but I wonder where the parents were when they were playing by the edge of the bleachers- SO sad, and so preventable! =\ After that, there was a little boy in front of us sitting by the railing looking down on the court and his mom was not really paying attention and he was sticking his head through the railings- I thought for sure it was going to get stuck because it was not big enough for his head and he got it about halfway through and his mom yanked him back and hurt his ears so he started crying...that just made me so sad... and I've decided that I will keep my kids in a plastic bubble so they can never get hurt like that =\
..ya'll remember that movie??

1 comment:

Domesticable said...

Why am I just seeing this post :( Bubble boy was so funny! I hope that little girl was okay

Lura
x