Today was the day, the very last day that I saw Nana's earthly body. and it was hard, very hard.
We headed over to the funeral home around 1:15 for the service at 2:00...the worst part for me was when they asked if we wanted to see her once more before they closed the casket to go ahead...I of course had to go see her and that was very hard ...
The service was wonderful tho- the pastor did such a good job. The verses he chose and the stories...
He talked about what he thinks going to Heaven feels like and told us that when he was younger he would go to his grandparents house and play until he was exhausted and on the way home he would fall asleep...he didn't remember getting home or his dad picking him up out of the car and putting him in bed but he got home safely... He said he thinks that is what it feels like to get to heaven- your earthly body gets tired, exhausted and then you go to sleep and Jesus takes you home and you don't know how you got there but you are finally home, safe and happy.
I just loved that story-and i will always remember it.
This video (if it works) was of her on Christmas this year singing Silent Night with me- just don't pay attention to my lousy voice! I have a few more that I need to cut down a bit but I'll post them..they are cute (: and that's how I will remember Nana!
![]() |
| ain't she just the cutest thing? |



2 comments:
This is so sweet! I love the story that the Pastor told today, I feel like it is true! Still praying for your family.
So sorry for your loss! I lost my Nana a few years ago and miss her dearly. That is a lovely story though. You and your family are in my prayers!
xo,
jessie
Post a Comment