Saturday, July 30, 2011

one year down

I am officially done with ONE year of grad school! It feels so good to be progressing smoothly through the program, I got straight A's and am very happy about that! Not even sure that GPA matters really but it matters to me :)

I am pretty sure I gained 10 lbs in the past few days! On wednesday, for our last day of class I organized a pot-luck for lunch- it was deelicious and I def ate too much! then at Fieldwork on Thursday they had a breakfast for Kate and I for our last day! and there was leftovers from their luncheon on wednesday (preacher cookies and eclaire- YUM) and a girl brought brownies...and then the fieldwork coordinator from another college came to meet Faith- the ot- and brought three boxes of cookies that were soo good!  And THEN at work on Thursday evening, they had a bunch of treats for all the GA's/Student workers to say thanks for working there this summer... so yeah... I woke up yesterday morning feeling pretty crappy =\

I was stresing a bit this week- I had to create a piece of adaptive equipment for a presentation yesterday... I had this great vision in my head and it just wasn't turning out like I wanted..I made a few trips to Lowes and had to end up driving home on Wednesday night to have my dad help me.. I made a steering wheel knob to allow people to drive with one hand. It turned out pretty great actually- I'll have to take a picture of it when I get it back in the fall. Yesterday morning we had presentations 9-12 and then I was homeward bound for a month (:
 Next weekend Jenn and I are heading to Northern Va to visit Lynsey and that's like all I have planned for August- minus my cousins wedding on the 20th-  I basically plan on living at the gym and the pool all month- sounds perfect to me! 

Hope ya'll have a great weekend :)

2 comments:

Lindsey S said...

Congrats on your first year of grad school! Sounds like you enjoyed celebrating.

What are preacher cookies?!

Megan said...

Congrats on being done with 1 year! And straight A's...that's amazing!!