Sunday, April 17, 2011

#answeredprayers

first off, a HUGE  
thank you
to everyone who has prayed for my dad
I have posted several times about him and wishing he would come to church again 
and start back on the right path.
welll..I truly believe that
GOD ANSWERED THE PRAYERS
this morning, for the first time in years- my dad went to church with us 

It was definitely one of the most amazing services I've been too. and a perfect one for my dad to hear.
It was different than normal services: they had 5 families tell their "impossible stories"..
and between each story they had a special song
I doubt there was a dry eye in the building...
I even think I saw my dad tearing up...maybe?

it was just awesome and I wish every Sunday would be like that.
Next sunday I think my dad is going to come back again for the special Easter service..
one family in the church has just taken hit after hit...the wife has been battling cancer for a couple of years and last year the husband was hit by a drunk driver and has just recently been able to speak again.
They had planned on Easter sunday being their first sunday back in church together,
so they could share their story with everyone
wellll... the wife passed away yesterday afternoon
but the husband is still going to speak next sunday....
I am really looking forward to it, even though I know I'm gonna cry again!


again, thank youuuu all so much, please continue to pray for him...while I'm beyond thrilled that he came to church today... its one step in the right direction but there's much more to it than just coming to church on Sunday mornings....

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

Praise Jesus - I'll definitely be praying for him!

Amy F said...

Very glad to hear about your dad, hun! That's really great, so happy for you!

Very sad to hear about that family, it makes me want to cry and I haven't even heard the whole story or the man speak!

Positive thoughts coming your way! :)

Suze said...

Praise Jesus, will be praying he attends on easter as well :)

Kristin said...

so happy for your family.
so sad for the woman that passed away :(

Leslie said...

That is such happy news for your dad and your family! Prayers are definitely being answered.. and I'll continue to pray for him! That's heartbreaking about the family, but I'm sure his story will be incredible to hear next sunday! Definitely pack tissues!

Jessica said...

That is great that your dad joined you at church. It is always great to share faith with those you love.

Laura Darling said...

So, so happy to read this tonight.

Anonymous said...

God is so good! This is awesome girl! It made my heart melt when I read this post. God is able to do ALL things and he wills surprise us when we least expect it!