Wednesday, March 30, 2011

VP and interviews!

well hello everyone :)
I am actually pretty happy today, despite the grey skies and rain that has been falling ever since I woke up. Speaking of waking up, boy was it rough today for some reason! I did not want to get out of bed, you think after 11 weeks I would be used to this schedule, but nope, 7ish comes way too soon every morning.

anywho... both classes today were a little different than normal - and more interesting/fun so that always makes for a good day!
This morning for my Human Development and Performance class we had parents of children with special needs come in so that we could interview them one-on-one and get their perspective of their child with special needs. It was really interesting and went a lot better than I thought it would- I was kindof nervous for NO reason because I have spoken to parents before so its not a big deal, I guess the whole structure and assignment guidelines are what made me nervous about it. The mom I interviewed has a 5 year old son who just got diagnosed with autism 2 weeks ago! Overall that went pretty well, no complaints.
In my other class today we had two student-led groups..in the first group we clipped pictures out of magazines and glued them on construction paper to form a collage of what we like to do during our leisure time..and in the second group we had to write down one famous person we look up to, and one person in real life we admire. haha my famous person was....
...its okay, I know you are laughing right now!
but I chose her because she is a great mom/wife, she values serving others and instills this value in her kids, she is a woman of faith, she's loving, caring and patient... everything I want to be....minus oh about 15 of the children!

After classes we had a SOTA (Student Occupational Therapy Association) meeting and we had elections for the new officers for next year and I got nominated for Vice President and Fundraising Chair... I declined the fundraising chair position and then I got voted for Vice President which is what I wanted so yay!!  


alllright well now that I've bored you with my school stuff.....i'm gonna go try and be productive for these last two hours at work =\

3 comments:

Ashton said...

Congratulations on VP!

Melissa Jo said...

Congrats of VP, it's so great when things like that work out like you wish them too!

I agree with you on Michelle Duggar, she is the most angelic patient calm person with a million kids, such a good role model!

Kristin said...

that lady has tooooo many kids!!