Monday, February 7, 2011

recap. + a verse

Thursday I went out for drinks with a few of the girls in my class! It was pretty fun- not the most fun we've had out but not the least (: I saw a guy I know...from way back when...get in a fight and get shoved out of the bar..that was pretty crazy to see!

Friday I had to work 10-1 then Jenn and I headed to the gym. Friday evening we went to a new Self-serve Frozen Yogurt place that just opened up downtown, it was yummy and I can't wait to go back to it!  Yeah, pretty exciting day..haha

Saturday Jenn and I got up kinda early and headed to the gym, and did WAY too many lunges... i haven't done them in too long because my legs are still SO incredibly sore.  Then we got a text from our friend Katie- who just got engaged a couple weeks ago- seeing if we wanted to go look at wedding gowns with her-- uh OF COURSE! It was fun picking out dresses and watching her try them on! She found one she realllly loved..but she's not sure of her budge yet and it was just the first time she had ever tried on any. I can't wait to go again with her. then went went to the mall for a little while before hitting up Panera for dinner (: yum!

Sunday Jenn and I got up early and headed to Roanoke for a special Superbowl Sunday service at church- we had a Va Tech coach come and give his testimony- it was pretty good! After church we had lunch with our parents and nana before headed back to Radford. We headed to Amanda's apt for the Superbowl.. I made the crescent roll pepperoni and cheese pizza things that have been on the commercials- and they were SO good and so easy- def recommend!

I have been thinking a lot about 'limiting God' to what I think He can do. Like for instance, with my dad, I have prayed and prayed and prayed that he would come to church...hasn't happened yet. I want so badly to have a dad who is a Christian, who enjoys coming to church, and who lives his life in a Godly way...
I find myself thinking that I can't even see my dad being like that, I'm skeptical as to whether it will ever happen. But just because he's never been like that- it doesnt mean that he can't ever be a man of God.. right?
My mind keeps going back to this verse:

"God can do anything, you know—
far more than you could ever imagine or guess 
or request in your wildest dreams"
-Ephesians 3:20
(from The Message translation)

He can do a work in my dad, and I believe he will when the timing is right.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I really hope your prayers will come true and your dad will end up in church. Does your mom go?

Nicole said...

I'll be praying for your Dad! The Lord can do big things, just be patient and trust. This verse was my facebook status this morning: "yet I am confident I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14

Kati said...

Going with friends to try on wedding dresses is so much fun! I'll also be praying for your dad.

Laura Darling said...

I can't wait until my friends start getting engaged and we can go dress shopping!

I'm praying good things happen for your dad!

Kelly said...

I feel exactly the same way about my dad! I completely understand how you feel. I pray that you'll see this come to pass very very soon!