Friday, February 11, 2011

dramaaaa + Tonight

ohh goodness gracious. i hate drama. and i'm not really in it but the student organization for my grad program is full of it.
basically it started last semester when one of the girls in the second year pretty much scolded all of the people in my class (the first years) for not coming to a jewelry party.. I'm talking we felt like we were 5 years old and being yelled at by our parents, only my parents have never really spoken to me that way she did. AND the faculty advisor, one of our profs just sat there and let it happen... i was pretty offended, we all were on FIRE after that meeting and that pretty much created the tension between the two classes.  So we had our first meeting of the semester last week, i had to work so i couldn't go, but apparently it was pretty painful and no one said hardly anything during the meeting in regard to fund-raising ideas, or anything like that. So a girl in my class decided to have an informal get-together to clear the air and raise any concerns we have about the club. We had the meeting last night at her house and I think it was pretty productive. I seriously thought one girl was going to cry while bringing up her issues with the president, there is SO much tension in the exec members and I think that's one main reason why the club isn't so great right now. I mean it was terrrible, and as soon as that girl went to the bathroom, the prez said something about her.
Gah it was just awk. and I can't wait until the 2nd years are out of the club and we all take over and make it so much better for us and for the class that will be starting this fall.. it's gonna be like 10000x better and more fun!

Tonight was so fun. Jenn and I headed to home to Roanoke to have dinner with Erica, Katie and Mary. Erica and Katie are from Roanoke and are two of my bff's  and Mary was heading to JMU from G'boro NC so she stopped by on her way through to meet us for dinner, it was a little JMU reunion (: We had a great time catching up and hanging out again, and I can't wait to do it again soon!! I had to get back to Radford though because I have a paper due by midnight tonight and I just finished- woo. I might try to do it sooner next week (I have one every week due between 5 on Thurs and midnight on Friday...great times huh?)

alright well I'm about to crash. I dont think tomorrow will be too exciting - gotta force myself to go to the library and find research articles on Veterans with traumatic brain injuries... I love the topic and am SO interested in it, but I hateee research, and especially searching databases for peer-reviewed articles..not my cup of tea.

hope yall have a great weekend :)))

3 comments:

Mrs. Bee said...

I am SO sorry to hear about the drama! That is a TOTAL bummer- I would think that kinda garbage got left behind in high school. It's amazing how some people just never grow up!

Your research article also sounds fascinating! At first it made me think of my dad because he is a Vet with PTSD and then I was like "wait a second- that's not at traumatic brain injury" haha Anyway best of look in your research and I hope you find a lot of interesting stuff! Happy weekend!

Love,
Erin

Leslie said...

searching for peer-reviewed articles is THE worst. So I'll be thinking about you! haha
and I HATE drama.. I don't blame you for wanting those 2nd years to be gone! I've been in Clubs where girls have done stuff like that and it makes it hard to enjoy participating. Hope it gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

I so tried to comment on this on my iPhone on our car ride yesterday but failed :( anyways...that SUCKS!! Situations like that are awful...why can't we all just get along?! Haha...I hope things change when they graduate! No bueno. Hope you're having a great weekend :)

xoxo
Jess